Hyno Designs Update
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 12:39:41 PM | IP Logged

I am way behind on this project and because of my current work schedule, who knows. I took a break after my last post in this thread around Christmas and started doing a custom Mod for Fallout 3. Which is totally wild it is a screen play of a movie in like real time played out in a video game.

Western Gailes ended up being a problem child for some reason and it took longer than Pinehurst 2 to produce. All I was using was YouTube videos of hole flyovers and google earth. I couldn't get the details right and kept reworking them and than created like 20 phantom holes for visual effects of the course on the other side of the rail road tracks. To kind of upgrade the course did add in some yardage and some new bunkers. I think I got 6 courses completed thus far. Want to do that Denmark course, Winged Foot, two other American courses and maybe Wentworth and one more Euro course. That would be about 12 courses in total. I do also like doing fictional courses and have a few ideas for possible designs.  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 10:51:57 PM | IP Logged

Started messing around more with the Denmark course. A few weeks ago watched and recorded the Made in Denmark event. Here is the deal, I have no idea what the yardages are or if some of the holes are Par 4's or even Par 5's. The planting? Super confused on what the course is supposed to look like. Even 18, the yardage was like 356 yards than saw 480 yards on another info site than on TV it was like 408 yards. Also on 18, I am trying to figure out were the actual championship tee box is. Hole 2 is a par 3 and have seen different yardages for that hole as well. I understand in Denmark they use metric but is the second hole 170 yards or is it 200 yards? Hole 14 I saw it as long as 500 yards and as short as 400. What is it? Hole 13 I thought was a par 5 and on the TV coverage it was a Par 4. Trying to scale the layout so I kind of need to figure all this out.

I know this post is almost a year old and many of these courses are complete. However after 3 or 4 months of not playing them, when you go back in you see a few new things to add. Valderrama decided to build up the back drop landscape going in to 9. It looks a lot better than before. Than on the par 3, 6th hole decided to just rebuild the entire hole.

Just last week started looking at Prestwick again and decided to rebuild the town and some of the back drop plantings. Remember the goal on that course was to make Prestwick Open Championship ready again. So if you remember I took the real 16th hole and built my own hole out of the landscape. On some of the other holes added in bunkers or yardage or just reshaped them. The course with some wind is a nice test.  

omit
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 21, 2021 at 6:56:22 PM | IP Logged

Hi, what is the best way to get in touch with you? you had a particular video at one time and i wanted to discuss it with you. it’s the Steve Pate putting video. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, July 5, 2021 at 6:38:53 PM | IP Logged

I am pretty much out of business, YouTube deleted me too many times and really have no desire right now to produce any new videos or video related material or even restorations of old Golf majors or tournaments. I still have not put together the last 2 US Opens or even this years PGA. By chance YouTube did leave up my back up channel so I did upload that very old Steve Pate video for you.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, July 5, 2021 at 6:41:43 PM | IP Logged

I was watching the Rocket Mortgage Classic and I really liked Troy Merritt's outfit yesterday so I decided to design it for the TW game.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, October 29, 2021 at 3:38:37 PM | IP Logged

I have not forgotten about this project.

Update: Because of TexModding and a custom library I can't release this project until the entire thing is complete which is several courses as stated in this post. It is looking like a 2 year project.

Went back over the summer and added in extra off the course details to many of the courses.

Fictional designs to me are the hardest to do and now that I got older you wonder if you still have the creative talent to pull these off. I look at Rock music as the example bands like Rush, Def Leppard or whoever the later in their career they go the worse they get. Next year it will be 18 years of me designing for this TW game. Can you believe that....

I was thinking, I've only ever done one fictional links course which is St. Sabastian and had to do a remake of it. So I wanted to test myself to see if I could do another.

This time, tried to plan it out and started drawing holes before starting to work on the course. Kind of planning the course out in my mind. That didn't really work that well. All of sudden started creating random holes with no thought or design pattern. I am now looking at these holes and saying how the hell did I even come up with this. Just did a par 3 which is very basic but the angle which it sits is just amazing to me and never in a thousand years could I think this up. Than the tee shot on the next hole was like ok I want something like hole 10 at Royal Troon and what I came up with was shocking. I've gone totally off the rails right now with this design I have no idea what even the hole numbers are going to be, but it is so much fun and everyday I wake up and have time to work on it, just can't wait....

Will post a demo video of some screen shots.... 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, October 29, 2021 at 4:49:56 PM | IP Logged

Make the plot first. Make a fairly extreme plot then fit the holes in. The terrain will dictate what you can and can't do. IMO holes fitted into a terrain look more natural than terrain created round the holes. It may take a while to get a plot you like though. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Friday, October 29, 2021 at 10:48:05 PM | IP Logged

That's the best feeling, when you get really into a design and it starts to work itself out.  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 12:55:21 AM | IP Logged

Started doing the demo video using, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka and Jordan Spieth. The course at the time didn't even have tee markers, it was like a rough demo cut. Well I scrapped the video.

If it was not for TexMod's I would have quit this game long ago, my game is so screwed up, pretty much redid most of the textures in the game and I am running 5 TexMod files which spans over about 8 years.

Wanted to create Sungjae Im cause I like all the crazy logo's he has on his shirts.

When I test these courses run against the custom tour players and for the longest time, when you tied for the lead it would go to an autoplayoff and it would give the player you tied the victory. For some reason with Sungjae Im it started doing play-offs again. Couldn't figure this out so I did a 1 hole event with Tiger to see if I could get him in to a playoff. I was looking at his pants and was like EA did a sloppy job on them, let me replace them. One thing leads to another and decided to attempt to re-do his grey/black sweater outfit. Was thinking Tiger likes to sometime wear a blue sweater with a lighter blue pants.

So here is the new 'Tiger Outfit' 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 12:58:09 AM | IP Logged

Here is the newly created Sungjae Im for TW 07  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 1:46:18 AM | IP Logged

Pretty much this new custom links design is now complete so I am going to talk a little bit about the design.

As stated started with a basic idea and than it went off the charts with just random made up holes. It is not a traditional links because a lot of the course is in the air and most of the holes besides two of them are doglegs with weird angles. Didn't really want the 500 yard par 4's on this (Only one is). Until I did the yardage didn't really know how long this course was and it is my longest to date. It is a par 72 which I don't like to do because it makes it too easy. Usually make 1 or 2 par 4's that are like par 5's.

The overall course is so much fun to play cause it is just unique, however you can shoot really good numbers because it doesn't play that hard. Normally play with wind and I am shooting 63 to 66 just about every round. Some of the holes do have a little bite to them however with the right wind or conditions all the par 5's are reachable. On all the holes you miss the fairways the holes than get hard.

Because of the massive mounding the galleries were not really working the best so I left them off but kept the tournament structures.

May go in an try to make the course a bit harder with pin positions or adding some slopes or redoing some of the greens but not going to bring fairways in or add tricks to make it harder.

Here is a look at the 2nd shot on 10, this why we or I design, when you can create something like this that looks like it is part of Pebble Beach and you thought it up in your head on a blank CA screen and it comes to life.... 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 5:27:52 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Hyno, very nice work, thanks for sharing the pics. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 9:54:52 AM | IP Logged

That mounding looks very natural. Love it. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 12:44:11 PM | IP Logged

A few years ago joined football freaks for Madden 08. It is basically the same type of engine. These guys over their re-did all the football uniforms but more impressively they re-code it in to the game and same with some of the stadiums. I only know how to do texmod's so I did some of the more popular college teams or colleges were family played football at. Than did some of the local high schools. Trust me it is wild when I took the computer over to my high school buddies house and we are playing our local high school vs our rival on a super massive television. I said could you even imagine this? He said no.

TexMod's is the key to all this. The reason why the mounding looks like it does I am using an 08 stock weedrough TexModded in to 07. I did 3 courses with the base 08 Pebble Beach textures and this hybrid rough I created. This courses uses the modified Westchester Stock textures which I adjusted slightly to blend better. This was used on Charleston Springs with another hybrid 08 weed rough. All these new courses are blending and mix matching the TexMod textures which I created with the Portrush Tex Mod file for 07. Valderrama is my East Lake texture replacements which I used on Pinehurst #2. The Swiss alps course is just Pebble Beach 08 with the Fringe texture replacement. Prestwick is the East Lake textures mixed to the Charleston Springs weed rough. Than another course in this batch is a new set which is the 08 Firestone mixed to the Charleston Springs weed rough.

This new fictional design is in Scotland so this morning decided to re-do Colin Montgomerie.

(Here is the deal, sometimes EA used the same texture files in different clothing. You replace a white shirt or tan pants if the texture was used in other parts of the game it will replace them all. For example if I change Monti's hat to black all the white visors in the game would now be black)

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 1:01:15 PM | IP Logged

A lot of times with the stock players or even my custom players I will create two or three outfits. For example Ian Woosnam uses his 3rd and 4th round outfits from the 91 Masters. Nick Faldo has four outfits, 3rd and 4th rounds of the 92 British, 2nd Round of the 1990 British and the Red outfit from the 93 British. Greg Norman is the 89 British and 93 PGA. Sandy Lyle is the 88 Masters Final round. Tom Kite which is interesting is a modified 92 US Open outfit cause I changed the color from red to blue. Mickelson and Dustin Johnson have two outfits which can be changed in different combo's. In the game so I know what the textures are. I replace the icon file with a picture of the new outfit.

Here is Monti's 2nd Sweater replacement outfit. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Monday, November 15, 2021 at 8:33:11 AM | IP Logged

That view makes me think of the Forth estuary in Scotland with the town of Kirkcaldy off to the left. Vary natural looking. Could do with more gorse though. (My favourite plant in TW08)

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, January 17, 2022 at 8:38:21 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, January 17, 2022 at 8:40:00 PM

Up next:
Moved on to an abandoned course which was started a few years ago.

I built this course for 05 and when it was complete lost the course and the tca. Only ever played it once.

15 years later decided to try again. Here was my issue the real course is built on prairie lands and besides the houses they built around it you have nothing on it. It is just fields of grass. It may have a few trees off to the sides on the holes but it looks stupid when you have 10 pine trees on a hole than thousands of yards of just a bland field of weeds.

With the internet you can usually find pictures of golf courses but this one has like none, not even one good picture for the splash screen.

Did the textures and drew the layout three years ago, now it is time to try to build it.

Found a few YouTube bloggers that filmed themselves playing this track and that is really the only info I have.

(For a homemade vid this kid did a nice job on it)

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 1:13:09 PM | IP Logged

This is turning in to a 3 year project and still have other TCA drawn layouts which have not even been worked on.

The TW 2007 game is becoming more and more out of date and very few people actually still use it.

The custom lib and the main TexMod file keeps changing so that is why I can't release any of this project. For example just last week replaced a hole sign, replaced a Belvedere vodka sign with a Coors Light sign.

In the 2007 game in 2022, pretty much have re-written thousands of game textures for the custom golfers even made my own equipment. Even now some of the equipment is way out of date like the R9 Drivers the SLDR driver, Rocketballz driver and ect.

The shafts on these drivers turned out amazing somehow they look just like the real thing.

Because I lost some of the actual textures this TexMod file is 4 files so it is two confusing to release to the public.

As I stated in this post early on, did a bunch of European tour 1994 players than did custom outfits for them.

Ian Woosnam has his 3rd and 4th round outfits from the 91 Masters. Faldo has 4 outfits, 90 British 2nd round, 92 British 3&4th rounds and the 93 final round outfit. Greg Norman is the 93 PGA and 89 British Open outfits.

For this Euro tour project did some of the lesser players like Roger Davis, Tony Johnstone and Ronan Rafferty. Than built the 94 Euro tour to play against in tournaments.

Than did a few of the American counterparts, Tom Kite, Payne Stewart and Curtis Strange. I want to build Mark Calcavecchia with his 89 British outfit which is going to be a hard shirt to design.

These are always changing, just created a better outfit for Ben Hogan and soon I want to re-do Jon Rahm and Collin Morikawa.

Some of them like Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth turned out perfect. Even on Dustin Johnson have the belt he wares. Sung-Jae Im which is a new one, turned out so good; now seem to be using that player a lot.

Back to this Colorado prairie course. I wanted the textures to be a mix of Fancourt 05 blended in to Turnberry 05 using my TexMod editing. The look of this course with the textures has not existed in years for this game. It is a very interesting and a different look. Started really working on this course about 1 month ago. Only working on the back 9 and some of it keeps getting better by the day. The other holes I keep trying to make better and they are getting worse and worse.

Overall the real designer did a good job on most of the holes but on a few of them, they are weak so I am trying to add to them to improve the layout. Unlike Prestwick were I built my own hole on this one doing revisions like adding in new bunkers or changing how the green sits.  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 11, 2022 at 12:49:08 AM | IP Logged

How the months go by and I get nothing done. Work too much and don't have that much free time. My last post was in Jan and now we are in April. The back 9 is kind of close to done and I got 1,2,8 and 9 playable on this Murphy Creek course.

My plans I think out years before so I started Winged Foot like what 2 or 3 years ago and just have the layout. TeeOffTowersey drew me Philly Cricket Club and that is in shambles but got good textures for it. Got an 08 design from like 2017 that was never completed, that is a fictional course that was never that great and kept changing the name, so now it doesn't even have a name or I don't even know it's name. Also got a layout that I started back in 2015 when I started Turnberry. It took a few years to finish Turnberry now we are on 7 years for that mystery course. Than I got two courses from 2006 that I never completed. Here is what I am saying...

Here is my focus, I want to re-do Royal Troon an Muirfield and basically start over on both. But first had another course which has been on my mind for the last 2 years. Over the last 3 weeks been planning this out in my head how I want to go about this. Because I want certain angles on the course and add in some extra yardage to kind of play were the players hit the tee shots in real life. I did this on Charleston Springs and another course which has not been released. This is a lot of planning cause this time around their are certain features and dogleg movements that I want to match the real design. To be honest had a hard time getting accurate accounts of these twists and turns on some of the holes. Than on two of the holes want to differ the placement of were the real tee's are set but want those holes to play the natural yardage. On this course may have to go back to custom textures and not using fixed up TexMod textures. This mystery course once I get it laid out and than kind of planted is going to be a mystery til than. The reason why? Doing something I have never tried before and not sure if it will work basically merging two different drawn landscapes to make a new composite layout.

Last off, over the last several years my courses have become a lot easier to shoot low scores for ok players in this game. The professional who shoots 15 under a round I can't stop. On this layout somehow what to make 68 a really good score and make it if the player is off a bit they will shoot over par. Somehow want to create a feature that you are going to make a few bogies. Once in a blue moon can design a hole that the player can make doubles and triples on but that is hard to do unless the hole is unfair.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, April 11, 2022 at 11:14:57 AM | IP Logged

Hello Hyno, thanks for the update. 

Page of 6
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Edward J Smith,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Hyno Designs Update - Page 3 Loaded in 0.422 seconds
Sunday, April 28, 2024 @ 8:32:05 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.