Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 3:43:21 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 7:40:00 PM

The Mystery course?

This MOD is the EA Sports 94 Euro Tour Revised edition,

Where did Seve, Langer, Faldo, Woosie, Lyle and Jose all win at?

This course has to be part of this MOD.

Believe it or not the hole maps on Augusta''s website were drawn to scale with the correct angles so now I got 10, 11, 12 and 13 spot on. My course in 2005, used the Masters program guide from the 96 Masters which had 11 at the top of the layout which according to google earth is wrong. I drew it all by hand and by eye. Did really like some of the planting and some of the holes like 3,6,7 and 8. Knew going in to this they are all gone. This merging of the old course with a newly drawn course with some of the old planting starting off were all the elevation is flat, worked.

Spent a week getting the driving angles and tee shots and 2nd shots spot on how i wanted them to play. Did 3 or 4 takes of 13. Imagine testing a course were you are playing two different 10th holes and 3 different 13th holes in your 9 hole set.

10 and 18 are the nightmare once I get them complete the rest of it will be easy if I can get the elevations to work. 100 foot drop in the CA program is hard to cover up. That effects holes like 11, 14, 15 and 17.

Last night got 18 going up to the green just about spot on and built a dummy green. Was like well, I''ll try to make a ridge, testing it out, hit my 2nd shot in to 18, it runs up the ridge stops and turns back to the hole. At this point I am just blown away.

Hiker Bob
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/8/1962 (61)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 4:10:23 PM | IP Logged

Augusta by hand. That is quite the challenge. Man that is looking good. This will be a real treat. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 3:06:10 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 3:10:00 AM

Update: YouTube blocked the original Augusta promo video so had to cut a new one. FYI this is my super back up channel cause all the other Hyno Designs channels were canceled by YouTube.

Update II:Back in 2013 wanted to do revisions on Muirfield upgrading the yardage. Quickly I found on holes 9 an 18 the layout was too close to the side boarder and the pano flips. Than saw holes 11 and 5 the greens are basically next to each other so my course was really wrong . Was also having a hard time with the extra yardage. Flatten the entire course and moved the layout were the pano would not flip. Next looked at my shaping and from an early course til now the methods have changed. The layout itself needed to be fixed. Than was getting frustrated trying to make the course in to something it was not. Said time out, Muirfield itself is a great design as long as you somewhat build an accurate picture the real design will take care of itself. Knew 13 & 16 did a bad job on these par 3''s so this time let''s get it right. Never liked hole 7 either. Right now spending equal time on Muirfield and Augusta and on both courses doing the back 9 first.

Worked really hard on this hole and finally after hours the 16th hole at Muirfield is as good as it is going to get...

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 2:44:16 PM | IP Logged

Looks very good Hyno, thanks for sharing the pics. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 4:14:29 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61,

Was having a real hard time with this hole, never got it right and while working on the course had the 2013 British Open coverage running and Westwood and Tiger were on 16. Andy North said it was like a saucer green, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Was like ok, I've done the redan hole at Shinnecock can use that model. Even the old maps I used some 17 years ago didn't even have accurate tee boxes so I only had one narrow box. Google earth for me is very blurry so the detail is hard to figure out. Mind you when I first built this course was using old VHS tapes from 92 and 02. Now I got like 20 hours of coverage from 2013 in digital format.

Back in the day, was way more detailed on the little mounds and dips and hollows and was better at elevation work. Now I am much more cleaner and better on the shaping and hole placements in the layout.  

rubencubo
General Member
Spain

Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 5:29:30 AM | IP Logged

As always in your designs, an extraordinary job. It looks wonderful, Hyno. 

raylloyd7
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/19/1951 (72)

Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 at 9:21:53 AM | IP Logged

really looking forward to what's coming next Hyno, please keep them coming I am huge fan. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 2:56:53 PM | IP Logged

When I did Muirfield back in 05, all of us were using the VGA monitors, now in 2022 we are using LCD's with HDMI. This makes a big difference. In a way was able to get away with a lot of errors. In 2022 this rebuilt has been a nightmare.

Back in 05 or even the 07 release I did a weird rough blending that kind of worked but that is all gone this time around. Finally noticed that the course was using a bad CLS were you only have males in the gallery.

Looking at Google earth holes like 15 the elevation shift says it is 20 feet down and I don't see it, in all the videos I have and everything else. Was like whatever will just try and copy what I did before, same with hole 12. On holes like 17 and 6 what I did was traced the shaping from Google earth to get the correct bends in the fairway, big improvement. Did the back 9 first and was having a really hard time with it and the elevations. Working on it over and over got a pretty good 9 holes, however it is not very hard I am normally shooting like 31 on the back with 7 under being my best. Than I get to the front 9. Muirfield is a double loop. Pretty much everything to the left on the front 9 is not the course. Holes 2 and 9 have walls and on 9 the wall is not straight it is going in all directions and looks terrible. To keep the wall height the same you have to keep the elevation flat. The wall on 9 is 600 yards cause it runs to the Greywalls hotel.

In this release I just did Prestwick and Western Gailes and didn't have any of these kinds of problems even with creating the scenery on the outsides of holes. I keep getting very frustrated and need to get this done fast cause the detailed planting on some of the Augusta holes aka 10, 11, 12, 13 and maybe 5 will take almost full days for just those holes. Hole 3 at Augusta is going to take awhile as well cause that hole got destroyed in the rebuilt and I want it to look like it did on my original.  

Hiker Bob
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 3:18:55 PM | IP Logged

I think I can get animated galleries to work now that I have dove deeply into the CLS. I see there were animated galleries on your 2006 Augusta course. The code could be combined with the higher quality gallery images that Quietly did. Plus I have all the original .x files for the movements. Users would have to re-copy the CLS after installing as the files have to be outside the .tbf file. It will take some time to get it together, maybe good for my next project. It would also help if anyone could identify older custom courses where they see animated galleries. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 5:48:11 PM | IP Logged

Here is the old TW05 galleries (It took me a while to find my old pictures) 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 92.9 KB

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 5:54:50 PM | IP Logged

The 06 and 07 galleries are kind of bland and they only use like 4 different models were in TW08 they have 16 models.

All the work I am doing is for TW07, that is the engine that I decided to run with.

For sure interested in fixing up these galleries would love to just port over the ability to use 16 different models and if you could do 32 that would be even better. It is not that hard to texture new outfits or face designs.

He is the 06 galleries from Augusta.

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 96.4 KB

Hiker Bob
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 9:14:14 PM | IP Logged

I see 20 different female models in this treasure trove, and probably 20 different males too. Not all of them move though (just one .x file sometimes). Plus the CLS I have has just a huge list of Actor Templates (too lazy to count right now, haha), basically setting up different scales and outfits. The problem is they do not move in this CLS (zombies), so gotta add the geometry code defining the movements. I am attaching an example of one of the texture files they use. They can be 4, 9, 16, or 25 different outfits in an image. Quietly has given us 16 female images and 32 male. You can make more if you want. I can easily reassemble with Photoshop to make them work. I have to figure out which ones map to which objects, but the individual blocks are always the same basic layout. Do not use this image, I will PM and we can exchange data via e-mail. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 3, 2022 at 12:43:32 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, June 3, 2022 at 9:06:00 AM

This was one of the best videos I ever produced. This was back in 07 or 08. Had no video editing software.

Recorded the VHS tape of the 02 Brit to DVD, that recorded just the clips of Tiger, going DVD to DVD.

Once I got the video to match the length of the song Echoes than played that DVD and a CD of Pink Floyd Echoes from Pompeii (Which at the time did not exist on CD).

This is like an old school DJ mix

As you can tell in places the video flows with the music that was all by design.

The remastered edition used a better VCR and did the edits on the PC but stayed true to the original release.

Than you get canceled and the original release and remastered edition goes to the internet abyss.

2001 British Open - Tiger Woods Shoots 81 - Muirfield

The embed code is not working.

https://www.brighteon.com/9834508f-3780-4616-9fa8-2dc044bfd0ac

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 3, 2022 at 12:56:59 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Friday, June 3, 2022 at 2:17:00 AM

The embed code is not working from Brighteon.

Classic Introduction to Muirfield, the start of the 1987 British Open Final Round

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Friday, June 3, 2022 at 9:08:27 AM | IP Logged

Hyno, i got it working below.

The embed code for Brighteon:

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 12:25:34 AM | IP Logged

Thanks Gunpower61, now we got Tiger shooting 81 up, in his prime....

Muirfield:

Been working really hard on this.

As I said you get to the holes and they are absolute disasters. It is really hard, but you keep working on them.

Was speaking on the walls, here is hole 2, it took a long time but I got the wall pretty straight than had to size it. After testing, it was decided to plant 1 1/2 feet down. You want the wall to be the same size and height but you need to create an illusion of elevation so it is really tricky.

This was one of the better holes on the old design, so I got that running on another computer trying to copy what I did with the elevations and humps and bumps in the past.

The old textures were actually really good, but this new TexMod blend seems to give more of the look of the course at least how it looked in 2013. This set was what was used on Prestwick and felt it is perfect for Muirfield.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 12:37:00 AM | IP Logged

Muirfield Hole 3

It is an easy hole to design cause you have two hills were the fairway goes skinny and than the green sits back in the hills.

The 4th hole going the same direction and it is elevated and runs back a bit from 3. Greens 3 & 4 are very close to each other.

Before I started working on this, created massive elevations like 25 feet like 300 yards from the tee on 3 through 90% of the hole and through half of hole 4. Than smoothed it in. 3 does slope left to right, were the left side is higher up.

It is always by eye with me. Looking at the hole and was like hey if I move the tee 15 yards towards #2 green the tee shot will look better so I did.  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 12:41:20 AM | IP Logged

Here is a look at 3 from the green with all the mounding..

I am off to do holes 8 and 9 so this is the 600 yard wall, we will see how long this takes....

Than go back to 4,5,6 and 7. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 6:52:09 PM | IP Logged

The ghosit program was really the game changer on these real designs and the reason why I decided to re-do Augusta. You can trace the shapes.

Saw that EA is coming out with a new golf game, headlined by Augusta National. They released this before and even did a Masters edition of the game. This outdated TW07 game if the course is done correct , would hold up. I don't believe you will ever get a new golf game like these old TW games were you play with the mouse and the game play just works.

Building the wall
(Hole 9 at Muirfield)
As you can see I designed a crooked wall, way back when, sad thing was until the new textures I didn't even know it was crooked.

The problem with the new wall it moves the OB off the tee out of play.

Notes:
The tee was re angled and than traced the real hole using ghostit.
Blended the shapes of both holes in to one hole.
The road to the left is going to be the wall.
Will than blend the rough and fairway in to the wall. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 7:03:52 PM | IP Logged

Using ghosit reshape the fairway than shifted the entire hole to run straight in to the hotel, now the wall will no longer be crooked and hopefully it will look and feel a lot better in the game.

Hyno what did you do on Saturday night? I stayed home and built a wall.

Page of 6
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
mcalfie, Zalfed,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Hyno Designs Update - Page 4 Loaded in 0.422 seconds
Tuesday, May 14, 2024 @ 1:03:12 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.