Hyno Designs Update
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, August 10, 2020 at 3:32:18 AM | IP Logged

Here is Woosie in the greenside bunker on #12 at Valderrama.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 6:10:22 PM | IP Logged

I guess these web blogs are like my personal diary. Valderrama is a lot harder of a course to design than I thought. I design off a flat land plot so the elevation work is rather difficult especially when you have a lot of shifts in the terrain. Than the little details like tree placement. Another thing this course has layered tee boxes that goes down hill and that is kind of hard to do in the CA. Just to kind of get through 9 holes has taken a while. Now it is just cleaning up the mistakes and getting the course the way I want it. Overall it looks and plays like a stock course. Here is a picture of hole #14.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 3:50:35 PM | IP Logged

Thanks Hyno, for sharing the pics, looks great. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 4:05:59 PM | IP Logged

Valderrama is complete

When I am done with all these courses for the Hyno Designs PGA European Tour 1994 Edition, I will create some new hole signs specific for the courses and going to do new bird sounds as well.

Valderrama turned out really good and yes I did look at the PGAX course that they did. Playing that course a few times, I felt they did a really good job, I personally don't like the texture blending going from rough to weed rough and the colors it creates. I first tried the course on my XP computer months ago and the lag was terrible so never tried it again. However creating this course tried it on my Windows 10 PC and it ran fine. Being the 2nd on building a course is a big advantage cause you can look what was done and if you like it basically copy what they did. I copied the same structures and I really like the bunker texture they created for the course. Also tested out and played Ron's course as well. Overall I didn't use them to create this course nor to get the elevations nor the planting.

Going to share a few pics. Was able to create Sandy Lyle's 1988 Masters outfit, Tony Johnstone and Roger Davis as well so all the stock players are complete. Also upgraded Jose Maria giving him his outfit from the final round of the 05 British. Than did new pants for Ian Woosnam 3rd Round 91 Masters outfit and a new outfit for Nick Faldo.

Here is Faldo on 9 in his 3rd round of the 92 British outfit.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 4:07:05 PM | IP Logged

Here is Bernhard Langer on the 9th green.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 4:09:09 PM | IP Logged

Here is Seve on 16, this hole was a lot of work but it turned out really nice with the elevations slopes.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 4:10:30 PM | IP Logged

This is what the 2nd shot than looks like in to 16. 

Holein1
General Member
No User Image
France

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 6:52:33 PM | IP Logged

Hi Hyno (from the "French guy", who seems to be the only one, with you, still playing with TW07... LOL !),

First of all, congratulations for all the work you have been doing over the years and... still doing now ! Your texmod changes have been very impressive (from looking at the pictures that you post regularly) and it's always a pleasure to discover them.

I am writing to you with the hope that you can help me. I would like to change Tiger Woods' appearance with the one you created (if that is OK with you, of course !) with his 2001 and 1999 outfits & pictures.
However, to do that, I guess I need to use the texmod application. The problem is I can't download it because the only link that I found is not working (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/texmod/download/texmod.zip) ! (By the way, why tombraider ?)

Do you have another link I could use ?

On another subject, I am in the (very long) process of trying to play a lot of 2008 real courses (since I got the 2008 librairies installed on TW07) with the hope, one day, of keeping only the best in all 50 US states and in as many foreign countries as possible.
This is where you come in : I saw that you are working on Crans-sur-Sierre in Switzerland, one country where I have yet to play (or see a golf course for that matter...). Can't wait to see it !

And finally, since I am not a computer/designer genius like you, does the texmod improve the look of the water for TW07 ?

Thank you for your answers and keep up the good work !

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 8:20:06 PM | IP Logged

Have tried to TexMod the water and it didn't work. Also tried 08 stock courses and it really screws up the water.

After years of testing all different ideas nothing has worked thus far.

The best effects on the 07 water are to play under cloudy, raining or foggy and you will get some water effects in game. But you need the settings correct or you get very dark textures.

Send me a PM and I will send you my updated TEXMOD files.

Both these downloads have the TEXMOD app and my some of my work.

(I need to update the Expansion Pack but I lost files because of the cryptolocker virus, It is too crazy to released to the public because I use 5 TEXMOD files to run the game.)

Portrush Texmod
http://www.coursedownloads.net/extras/details.asp?id=11

Expansion Pack for TW07
http://www.coursedownloads.net/extras/details.asp?id=1030

Best settings for water and rain in 07 (The Tree settings don't effect this but the others do) 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:07:26 PM | IP Logged

As stated built the layout to Crans-sur-Sierre before Valderrama. Did basic planting of the tree locations and sizes from Crans-sur-Sierre flyover videos.

This course has a ton of elevation shifts so before building wanted to get a general idea of how the course is elevated. Tee on 1, Green on 2, Green on 9, Tee on 10 and Green 18 are all pretty much 40 feet up or down from the direction of the hole.

So that is my base point to raise 40 feet up and create uphill and down hill elevations across the CA. Next smooth in to the land plot.

Here is a look at 18 with no work done to the hole other than the general elevations shifts.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:10:35 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:11:00 PM

So if we move a bit up the fairway you can see it has a nice left to right slope and if you look at the bottom elevation is is raised 44 feet from the tee. Which is off a bit on from the real elevation but we are just in demo mode right now.  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:15:52 PM | IP Logged

Hole 10 is next to 18 and I did a little work around the water flatting it out and flattening out the area around the green and as you can see in this pic the fairway down to the green has a nice look dropping almost 40 feet down with a lake 60 yards out from the green. So basically 10 and 18 kind of built themselves from doing doing the natural elevations shifts. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 3:17:28 PM | IP Logged

In order to make Crans Sur Sierre any good, going to need the structures.

These Swiss ski lodge looking buildings make the course.

I revised the Rocky Mountain Pano a while ago, which you can download on Course Downloads. That pano kind of works, I can tweak the Pano raising the mountains up and changing the pano segments around in a different order, that may give a better look.

Personally don't know a lot about this course and in the past would skip courses that I knew nothing about. A few years ago they did massive revisions to this course adding in a lot of new ponds on the back and changing a few of the holes. They change the name of the course to the Seve Ballesteros course.

My most prized possession is my icon picture. Which is an autographed photo from Seve that he sent to me, saying Hyno thanks for your help. So this course is personal in a way so I want to make it good.

These hole flyovers really help to at least get a good picture of the course.
https://www.golfcrans.ch/en/course/

The plan is to go through and keep working on the back 9.

Right now I need to fix elevation problems.

On 13 they built this giant amphitheatre; not even going to try it. That hole goes up hill about 20 some feet and it has a massive pond. Ponds need to be kind of flat in the CA. This is going to be tricky.

This picture here is the ski lodge building behind 18. The course also has ski hotel lodge buildings as well and ski cabins along some of the holes.

Most of the structure guys from the TW game are gone. Either I have to learn how to do this or go to like the Nexus game forums, which I am banned from (have a backup account, deter32) and pay someone to build these.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 3:47:01 AM | IP Logged

Crans-sur-Sierre is pretty much complete.

Found an obscure structure lib of old log cabins and TEXMODED the structures to have that orange look. The club house is rigged and it is not the best.

The course turned out pretty good, did a really good job on the planting. Pretty much stayed true to the yardage, the course has a lot of short Par 4's, that makes it fun. The mountain setting, the elevation changes and the pine trees pretty much lining every fairway, makes this a different style and different looking Golf course than most.

Kind of like Portrush last year, where I am making a lib for all the courses. Nothing is being released until the entire PGA European Tour expansion set is completed.

Decided to create more hole signs of corporate sponsorship. Again like last year if you have any good ideas for signs speak up.

What course is next? I don't know at this point....

Here is a look at the uphill par 3 13th....

This is Nick Faldo with his 92 British Open Final Round outfit. It took a few attempts to get the pants the way I wanted and even added in the Pringle shirt logo. For the Faldo Pringle logo found an ebay sweater from the early 90's and somehow pulled the logo off of that pic.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 9:32:27 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 9:39:00 PM

Update: As per my request post for Euro courses, I am going to do Himmerland in Denmark. After drawing this layout decided to draw another layout of a US course as well. This is an unnamed course at this time but I felt based on the hole designs it would be a really good course for the TW game. Spent the last few weeks working on that course only. Now it is complete.

Today, got a few more ideas for Crans-sur-Sierre and went back and added in some new features. This course is really good, I was looking at the planting after not playing it for a month and it was really well done.

Decided to create Tom Kite and he turned out awesome. Than I wanted to create Greg Normans shirt from the 93 PGA and really thought this was going to be ground breaking, earth shattering, amazing awesome shirt. Nailed it, every color, every design feature. But in game it only looks ok.

Over the last month been collecting images for new hole signs so I got a lot of new ideas and signs specific for the Euro courses.

After watching the US Open today and looking at Winged Foot, was like, I can get these texture colors, I can plant this course, can do the shaping and the bunker look. Since Pinehurst #2, in my opinion was not a hard enough test want to do another US Open course like Oakmont which is really hard. The only two other US Open courses in the US that I know are US Open super hard are Winged Foot and Oakland Hills. I am off on breaking ground on Winged Foot. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 10:33:18 PM | IP Logged

If you haven't seen them, here's Gil Hanse's website:

https://www.hansegolfdesign.com/projects/restoration-projects/winged-foot-golf-club/

https://www.hansegolfdesign.com/projects/restoration-projects/oakland-hills-country-club/

johnhayes
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 11:00:08 PM | IP Logged

Hyno!

Could you please upload Tiger from 02' US Open with Pearl Jam. I dearly miss this video. It's AMAZING. Wish you were still on Youtube  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 at 12:43:20 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Friday, December 25, 2020 at 5:30:00 PM

I really get no views on Brighteon, whatever I dont care, so yeah I will upload the 2002 Tiger at Bethpage.

Update: (Uploaded Video)

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 at 5:24:54 PM | IP Logged

Update: It has been a while since my last post.

At the start of this project really had the mojo going and was able to get a lot of work complete in a good timely manor. Now it has stalled out.

Was able to fully draw the Himmerland in Denmark course and Winged Foot. When I started working on Himmerland, was thinking textures and was playing around with different mixes and liked one of the texture sets but it was for another course which I didn't start yet. Needless to say, my mind is not that of a linear thinker so I built that course instead.

It took me about 2 weeks to draw Winged Foot and started the 1st hole and than decided I wanted to build a 2nd British Open course for this expansion pack. Narrowed it down to a few courses but chose Western Gales in Scotland. This was a hard course to draw because I had nothing to go off of. I found a few flyover videos but this is the most blind real course I have ever tried.

The back 9 was kind of lacking with planting, bunkers and yardage on a few holes. So I said ok, how do I amp this up and not really change the course aka Major Championship improvements. The course did play rather easy as well. This took a while to do. Western Gales has a few burns on it and still not sure what kind of method I want to use.

Creating extra landspace is my weakness and over the railroad tracks on the back 9, you have another course aka courses. At last count, I planted and built 15 holes thus far on the other side of the railroad (which is just a road) on my course.

This course has turned in to a Pinehurst meaning it is taking very long to do, plus I took about a month break.

PS I had a mystery course planned, which this time around I think I can get right, that was supposed to be done by mid Nov and Winged Foot was supposed to be complete as well.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 at 5:31:01 PM | IP Logged

Tiger at Bethpage

Page of 6
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Gilbo33634,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Hyno Designs Update - Page 2 Loaded in 0.910 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 10:32:04 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.