CGX
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

B-Day: 6/27/1954 (69)

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:03:23 PM | IP Logged

I would like to join you at PG Glen, but everytime I try to load up a course, I get kicked back to the desktop, my 3 Gb ram old beast cannot handle it, so much for the game running on all setups, the courses that came with the release are OK, but anything after that, even at the lowest setting is as you say toast to my old beast, pity I was really looking forward to building a good playing and designing portfolio their.

Feeling very deprest now, been with the site for the last 8 years, I can only imagine something has happened to Jim. Life goes on but it will never be the same. 

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

SandieBunker
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:00:18 PM | IP Logged

If CGX is dead, start releasing any and all courses for the good of cybergolf. No use locking them away so no one can play them, kinda silly I would think.  

SandieBunker Signature

Youre still away...

SIRPUTTERMAN
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 6/21/1973 (50)

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:21:47 AM | IP Logged

Again Sandi I'm not sure what the legistics would be if that was done. I'm fairly sure that all courses that were designed for the CGX tour are the property of the CGX site. If that is the case then again legally I'm not sure I would want to venture there especially when nothing official has been made public. Not saying anything would come of it but also not saying nothing wouldn't, and is it worth the risk?Besides that I don't think CDS wants to get into the middle of this especially since nothing as I stated has been officially announced.

Until that point in time that it is clear that either the site is to remain down and not return or is in fact going to be active again I think it would be very prudent to hold back on any such action such as uploading CGX courses even by designers.

I'm not a lawyer by any means but I always err on the side of caution myself. Just my opinion though on the subject.  

SIRPUTTERMAN Signature

Sir P

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (76)

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 4:55:01 AM | IP Logged

Sir P,

I don't recall signing any document transferring ownership of courses I have designed to CGX. I intend releasing Murcar Links this week having removed any reference to "CGX" from the course name. Instead of CGX Murcar LInks "A" or "B", it will be be simply called "Murcar Links GC".

I will dare say see them in court if there is anyone left to run the site. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 10:39:43 AM | IP Logged

and removing course libraries not already here at CDL, whether by CGX or other CGX designers?

it's unfortunate there has been no word from jim but rushing to harvest the carcass so to speak after 2 weeks is a bit unseemly IMVFHO 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

ZERUCHA
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:40:18 AM | IP Logged

Maybe Jim will surprise us no news is good news keep the faith cyber golf fans.

Anthony 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (76)

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:31:35 PM | IP Logged

edited by: TeeOffTowerse on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 5:03:00 PM ommision

jbcalg said:
"and removing course libraries not already here at CDL, whether by CGX or other CGX designers?

it''s unfortunate there has been no word from jim but rushing to harvest the carcass so to speak after 2 weeks is a bit unseemly IMVFHO"

JB,

Murcar does not use any lib not already in the CDL database, so I don''t think I am treading on anybody''s toes here. I do not see the problem with sharing courses I have designed with the wider community. It is already a shrinking comunity, there were literally thousands back in 2002 and has been steadily dwindling since 2008. Regarding uploading CGX libs unauthorised, I thought I had adequately explained and apologied for. Talk about "rushing to harvest the carcass"!!

Have a good day. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

Chip In
General Member
No User Image
Northern Ireland

B-Day: 5/24/1948 (75)

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 3:08:58 PM | IP Logged

At the risk of being torn apart I'm gonna stick my tuppence worth in here. I've been a member and playing CGX for a good few years now, and loved every minute. I really just played the golf, didn't get involved in the chat etc, so I'm not even sure who the "Jim" is that your all talking about, but I find it odd that the site was being run by one person surely there must have been assistants, and if so why have none of them come forward with information???
I remember that the "real PGA" stopped cgx from using tne PGA tournament names a few years back, could they have had anything to do with the shut down of the site?
Ken (Ernie Yells)  

SIRPUTTERMAN
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 6/21/1973 (50)

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 7:44:42 PM | IP Logged

". I really just played the golf, didn't get involved in the chat etc, so I'm not even sure who the "Jim" is that your all talking about, but I find it odd that the site was being run by one person surely there must have been assistants, and if so why have none of them come forward with information???
I remember that the "real PGA" stopped cgx from using tne PGA tournament names a few years back, could they have had anything to do with the shut down of the site?"

1) Jim aka Jimbo is the site owner.
2) Yes there were "assistants" JbCalg ran the site pretty much by himself on the day to day operations of it.
3)None of the admin including JB has anymore clue then the rest of us so therefore pretty hard to update.
4)I doubt if the PGA had anything with what is currently going on,as you said that was at least 3 years ago.

SIRPUTTERMAN Signature

Sir P

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 10:07:38 PM | IP Logged

As I stated previously if you want to release courses and Libraries and structures that are not already on this site desgned by the design team, good luck, if you decide to release other folks work without their permission, I doubt CD would accept them anyway, I also stated none of my courses will be released her, if you want to release any of Pete's courses without his permission, good luck with that also, When joing PGAX from the start the courses remained the property of the site and when the name changed, it didn't give the go ahead for all courses to be transferred to this site, Jim did however give Pete permission to transfer some older courses over to CD, along with the appropriate libraries, and as such a link to the site was made available along with a link to CD for downloading of those courses.
Everyone that joined and was a part of the design team over the years was aware of the No sharing policy associated with courses made for the PGAX/CGX tours. 

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

SandieBunker
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:25:43 PM | IP Logged

Bruce and others getting a tad upset, I meant that designers should feel free to release their courses for others in the cyber-golf community to play. I have no intention, nor did I mean for anyone to try and upload courses that were not their own.

SandieBunker Signature

Youre still away...

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 5:57:53 AM | IP Logged

If the Site does not come back or nothing further is heard from Jim surely it would be possible someone out there who has the technical knowledge and experience to either revamp CGX or start another venture so that the Players who want to continue playing TW08 can do so.

It seems such a shame that everything will disappear without someone offering to do something. I know that I would be only too happy to offer my services if only I had the knowledge.  

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

tagrocket
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 8:31:08 AM | IP Logged

edited by: tagrocket on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 8:39:00 AM

Has anyone thought of calling Darlene Prosz, or if I am not spelling that name correctly, the lady that the membership fee was sent to via PayPal?
I am assuming that someone has physically dialed a phone to try and call Jim instead of just emailing or messaging, I know it seems old fashioned, but it could reveal something.
One other thing beside Perfect Parallel there is The Golf Club on Steam which has hundreds of courses, but there is a system requirement to play it and it''s kind of reminds me more of Links golf. 

BladeRunnerZ
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

B-Day: 9/18/1964 (59)

Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 9:28:23 AM | IP Logged

tagrocket said:
"Has anyone thought of calling Darlene Prosz, or if I am not spelling that name correctly, the lady that the membership fee was sent to via PayPal?
I am assuming that someone has physically dialed a phone to try and call Jim instead of just emailing or messaging, I know it seems old fashioned, but it could reveal something.
One other thing beside Perfect Parallel there is The Golf Club on Steam which has hundreds of courses, but there is a system requirement to play it and it''s kind of reminds me more of Links golf."

emailed Darlene at donations@pgaxtour.com, just keeps bouncing back ? 

BladeRunnerZ Signature

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle

Chip In
General Member
No User Image
Northern Ireland

B-Day: 5/24/1948 (75)

Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 11:15:37 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the clarification Sirputterman 

mcoale2004
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 8/13/1959 (64)

Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 1:15:52 PM | IP Logged

tagrocket said:
"Has anyone thought of calling Darlene Prosz, or if I am not spelling that name correctly, the lady that the membership fee was sent to via PayPal?
One other thing beside Perfect Parallel there is The Golf Club on Steam which has hundreds of courses, but there is a system requirement to play it and it''s kind of reminds me more of Links golf."

The Golf Club imho is nothing like Links the system reqirement you are referring to is that you must have at least a direcx 11 graphics card. A Nvidia 760 or higher a ATI R7 or R9 series. I5 or I7 processor. There is a tournament site also for this game. Many admins run the site and one in particular is Smiling Goats Jeff Reese who did a lot for the Tiger Wood series before the EA series went off line in 2010. If any body is interested check out the site http://tgctours.com. Also there are well over a 1000 courses available for this game. The game is only for true swinging so there is no option for 3 clickers. Sorry you guys are stuck in this PGAX/CGX situation again. 

mcoale2004 Signature

3DMARK VANTAGE PERFORMANCE
SCORE 47769 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760(2x) and Intel Core i7-4790K Graphics Score 54239 CPU Score 35179

sixshooter
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 6:15:47 PM | IP Logged

I hope Jimbo is healthy, I'm optimistic that he's just offline because of priority business, but IMHO even if he does comes back I don't see an incentive to the site being restarted with the expenses and from what I understand the major donations coming to an end, plus consideration of only one admin left running the site, along with fallout from this second drop within a year, I just don't see it happening and not holding my breath. With the release of WIn10 there will be even less players able to play. I personally quit playing the full season because unfortunately I just don't have time anymore. Hope I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong, had fun for 6 years, good luck to all I met.  

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 at 12:40:28 AM | IP Logged

Recieved this message this afternoon, while trying to log onto the CGX site, could mean one of 2 things, the site is finally gone or in the process of repair, which i doubt the latter, since we have had no word, and Jim would normally rederict the site to a temporary location. 

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 at 5:58:27 PM | IP Logged

I hate the thought of CGX tour being gone. I was ready to start back up, and I also needed a couple of library files. I have a couple that I accidentally deleted, and now I can't play some of the courses. Oh well, I just hope that this hasn't happened in response to a personal/medical problem for those involved.

azsmoodz
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/31/1952 (72)

Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 1:53:47 AM | IP Logged

edited by: azsmoodz on Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 1:55:00 AM wanted to include profile name of who I was talking to.

JHDABRICK
I usually save all my libs even after I delete the course. Let me know which ones you need. I could attach them in a post here I think.

azsmoodz Signature

I love golf not just the way I play!

Page of 6
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Nevillberger,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - CGX - Page 3 Loaded in 0.296 seconds
Thursday, May 16, 2024 @ 3:54:43 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.