General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (76)

Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 at 4:05:54 PM | IP Logged

Sir P,

As JB stated himself in an earlier post and I quote:

"i do not usually chime in on topics where i have no knowledge nor information
- just a little quirk of mine"

We will not hear something until it is fixed. Hence my ealier post that members who pay their money for the privelidge of playing ought to be given some courtesy, even if you think JB owes them nothing. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

SIRPUTTERMAN
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 6/21/1973 (50)

Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 at 7:08:34 PM | IP Logged

I understand what your saying and your probably right that is IF it gets going again. I was more raising a concern about the status of Jim and hoping nothing health wise or anything has occured.  

SIRPUTTERMAN Signature

Sir P

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

B-Day: 6/27/1954 (69)

Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 at 7:58:59 PM | IP Logged

Lawrence, their is only one person that can give the members any insight at all into what the outcome of the present situation we find ourselves in with regards to CGX, the drive to offer free membership to individuals proposol drive Jim started months back I believe yielded little interest, we apparently had 300 odd members, but only one third of those played the tours, cannot speak for clams, as I had no participation in it.
Stu donated over 3,500 dollars to keep the site going, giving you some idea just how much it cost to run the site, it did not cover everything which is why we had monthly drives to cover software updates and other expenses, basically it cost close to 5 grand a year just to keep the site running, Stu was one of the major financiers of the site and before it closed down, from the email i recieved from him, that financial donations was ending, that Stu had provided over quite a period of time, as was his participation with most things on the site, as I stated from the beggining of this thread, the site was due for a software update that incurs considerable expense, as it does each August, these software updates add stability and security as well as updated features to the site, since the site closed down i can only assume that no software update was made, but only the owner of the site can answer that, I am getting increasingly worried for Jim's welfare, emailed him from the start of this and yet stil no answer from him, so I pray to God he is alright, if the site is gone and we hear nothing from Jim in the next wek or so, and still have no reply from him on the CGX Facebook website, then perhaps we may never hear from him unfortunatley.  

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 6:20:29 AM | IP Logged

Bruce,

Thasnks for the update. I still believe a heads up as to whether it is technical, financial or otherwise would cost nothing and do no one any harm. I have seen posts from Jim very recently, so I suspect his health is OK but that is only a guess on my part. If the problem is technical due to financial constraints then a post to that effect may prompt a fundraising drive similar to that recently undertaken to assist a cyber golfing community member in poor health. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 6:49:15 AM | IP Logged

Whatever the reason it is very sad that the best cyber golf site is in this state.

I agree with everything said so far in that it is not right that paying members should be left without any notification but on the other hand there could be a genuine reason for the lack of communication. Maybe Lawrence has seen posts from a Jim but is it the same person??

Regardless of whether the site comes back or not I pray that Jim is safe and well.. Having been a Member of CGX for quite a long time I know that there is a great comradeship between its Members and I am sure that other Members will feel the same as me.

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 9:07:57 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Bruce R on Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 9:10:00 AM

Lawrence you say you have seen some recent posts from Jim lately, was the member posting

Jmeier

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 11:00:06 AM | IP Logged

Not sure about other sites, but Jmeier ( Jim ) was active on Coursedownloads 1 month ago ( 12 July ), that was the last time he was online on Coursedownloads. 

Chip In
General Member
No User Image
Northern Ireland

B-Day: 5/24/1948 (75)

Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 3:36:34 PM | IP Logged

Im starting to have withdrawal symptoms, are any of you guys playing at any other sites you would recommend while we wait for CGX to return.
Ken (Ernie Yells) 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 4:46:26 PM | IP Logged

Chip In said:
"Im starting to have withdrawal symptoms, are any of you guys playing at any other sites you would recommend while we wait for CGX to return.
Ken (Ernie Yells)"

I would give Golf4Fun a try. It is free to join and uses a handicap system similar to CGX. You can also choose your level of play from novice to expert. Clearly the better your score the higher your handicap will become. Unlike CGX however, they use variable conditions and different tees whereas @ CGX you can always count on very dry conditions and pro tees. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

mlkidd9
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/22/1990 (34)

Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:13:06 PM | IP Logged

As a member of CGX going around to two years now; I'm wondering what would be the status of the uploading of current tour courses? 

GolfMikeLK
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 3/14/1959 (65)

Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:29:01 PM | IP Logged

only the designers for CGX should be allowed to upload his course here if he wants, not a member who happens to have them, and they are A & B courses. 

GregPutnam
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:41:03 PM | IP Logged

GolfMikeLK said:
"only the designers for CGX should be allowed to upload his course here if he wants, not a member who happens to have them, and they are A & B courses."
I would like to see tour cours uploaded here each week if cgx is no longer available. Especially Sedgefield this week. Puhleeez???

SIRPUTTERMAN
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 1:38:38 AM | IP Logged

I do beleive any course that were made for CGX is the property of the site.I think that was one of terms of the site but that could have changed. I would think it would be wise to hold off on any uploading of any CGX tour courses until offical word on the status of the site is announced.  

SIRPUTTERMAN Signature

Sir P

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 5:55:41 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Peter2005 on Monday, August 17, 2015 at 5:58:00 AM

TeeOffTowersey said:
"
Chip In said:
"Im starting to have withdrawal symptoms, are any of you guys playing at any other sites you would recommend while we wait for CGX to return.
Ken (Ernie Yells)"

I would give Golf4Fun a try. It is free to join and uses a handicap system similar to CGX. You can also choose your level of play from novice to expert. Clearly the better your score the higher your handicap will become. Unlike CGX however, they use variable conditions and different tees whereas @ CGX you can always count on very dry conditions and pro tees."

Unfortunately with Golf4Fun having Expert and Advance Levels playing Novice spoils the enjoyment of playing with different Conditions. A recent 4 round tournament was won with 4 rounds of under 50. If that is what you want then it is definitely for you. 

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:09:51 AM | IP Logged

Chip In said:
Ken (Ernie Yells)"

Ken:
Golf4Fun offers all 4 levels of play, has weekly tournaments, bracket tournaments (no live opponents necessary), and soon to incorporate Ryder Cup & President Cup tournaments.

I'm not holding out for CGX to return after being offline for so long. If it does return, there probably won't be a large enough membership base to continue, IMO.  

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:19:41 AM | IP Logged

Let us not forget, a large amount of courses created for the tours at CGX are and always will remain the property of the CGX design team and as such will remain the private ownership of the CGX site, if it is gone, no one really has the right to upoad any of those courses to any site without the express ownership of those concerned, I for one will never upload any of my designs to any site, that carries the CGX logo, since it has been two weeks almost since the site went down, I am coming to the realization that we may never see the site again, I also will never play any tour that uses different conditions of play, which is the one reason i avoided the clams in the 1st place.
So if it comes to pass CGX is gone, then unfortunatley my playing days will go with it, although I may keep designing and add to my courses already uploaded here for anyone that may want to download and play them, along with the odd structure or texture, as most of my real courses in the past seemed to gain a fair bit of support and enjoyment from those that have played them.

Cheer's  

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 11:12:31 AM | IP Logged

Peter2005 said:
"
TeeOffTowersey said:
"
Chip In said:
Ken (Ernie Yells)"

I would give Golf4Fun a try. It is free to join and uses a handicap system similar to CGX. You can also choose your level of play from novice to expert. Clearly the better your score the higher your handicap will become. Unlike CGX however, they use variable conditions and different tees whereas @ CGX you can always count on very dry conditions and pro tees."

Unfortunately with Golf4Fun having Expert and Advance Levels playing Novice spoils the enjoyment of playing with different Conditions. A recent 4 round tournament was won with 4 rounds of under 50. If that is what you want then it is definitely for you."

Well Peter, that is why the site is called golf4FUN. I have no worries whether rounds below 50 occur, subsequent handicaps will ultimately adjust for that. It is certainly for me as I do not want to spend my time watching a CGX screen stating "unable to load the page".
If you do not want to play there it is your call. All I want to do is make others aware, there is a site to visit without having to play via My League. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

SIRPUTTERMAN
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 11:33:01 AM | IP Logged

you could check out perfect parallel. The game is getting better slowly and a few new courses being added. A little bit of a learning curve as far as ball physics go especially on chips, flops, and pitch shots especially compared to TW but it is getting better all the time. Just wish they would get course forge out to the masses asap so designers could get their feet wet with it.  

SIRPUTTERMAN Signature

Sir P

Bruce R
General Member
Australia

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 6:01:40 PM | IP Logged

Well its been 2 weeks now, still no word, and nothing from Jim after messaging him on the 6th of August, I am going to wait another 2 weeks, if still nothing and no word from Jim I am done.

Cheer's 

Bruce R Signature

CGX Admin/Design Team.

SIRPUTTERMAN
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 at 6:17:42 PM | IP Logged

I would think if we hear nothing by this Thursday then the writing is on the wall Bruce.
Two weeks and no tournaments played I don't think has ever happened on the site. So a pretty safe bet if we are not up and rolling again by the start of normal tournament times this week she is pertty much toast.  

SIRPUTTERMAN Signature

Sir P

Page of 6
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
woodrot,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - CGX - Page 2 Loaded in 0.328 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 3:51:38 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.