Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 5:58:59 AM | IP Logged

Looks great, very impressive. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 12:30:16 PM | IP Logged

any designers hoping to use these trains should be aware of one of the current limitations. Right now, I'm orienting them north/south on the plot. The only other way they could be situated would be straight east/west.

If you are recreating a real course with tracks nearby and they travel at some random angle, it could get very tricky.

The current method requires a coordinate for each car. Most cars are 60 feet long so with a 4 foot gap that means each cars start point has to be 64 feet (768 inches) behind the previous one. When the cars are travelling directly down either the x or y axis of the plot, it's a simple matter of either adding or subtracting the 768 inches from the previous cars x or y coordinate.

If your train travels at an angle, you'll now have to get out your trigonmetry charts and figure out how many inches you have to go laterally and how many vertically so that your next car is 768 inches behind the last on that same angle.

I'm not saying its impossible, it's just an amount of math I'm not going to do. (the joy of fictional courses, I can put the track where I want)

One possible way around it would be to make separate geometries for every car, with each one staring the creation of its object 768 inches further up the axis from zero then the last.

Then when you call the objects, they can all be pointed to the exact same spot, as each would be offset from the zero point by the right amount. I think they then could be lined up with the direction of your train line... maybe.

I haven't tried this so I don't know if it would work. But it would add 30 or 40 percent more code to an already gigantic cls.ini file.

My method works for my purposes, but by all means give the other method a try if you need your trains to run on an angle. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 11:46:37 PM | IP Logged

So here's a quick, boxy but nonetheless reasonable effort at a locomotive. Not bad for 5 boxes
I'll likely make CP, Union Pacific and BNSF skins sooner or later 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 145.9 KB

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:00:46 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:05:00 AM

Quietly,

Can you send me the demo links course with those merged textures cause I would like to test it out. Have sets of stock textures pulled that blends and match perfect and I wonder if you can do something with them.

Does the train work and run down the tracks?

Personally use a lot of retainer shapes and the courses do crash when one puts too many shapes on a course. A far as rips and tears have methods to remove them.

You are taking designing to a new level.

Have you tried to fix the galleries yet?

Last question do you want to build a working train for Royal Troon with tracks for the 11th hole. Have the TCA file of an unreleased uncompleted course sitting on a hard drive? 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 11:53:54 AM | IP Logged

Hyno, I'll try to pack up the links test stuff and get it to you in the next day or two.

Yes the trains move down the tracks (in opposing directions), currently at 8 mph. I suppose if one were so inclined, one could model a bullet train and have it scream by golfers at 200 mph and scare the bejeepers out of them.

The only real frustration I can't overcome is sound. CLS objects have the capacity to emit sounds, and that is supposed to include looped sounds. It doesn't come out smooth though but rather sputters out sound randomly. So I can't give the train cars themselves a continuous clickety-clack sound. I'll still have to place static sounds in the plot.

What's the issue with the galleries?

I'd be willing to take a look at the Troon thing, but I desperately want to get back to my little par 3 course right now. I got sidetracked with all the CLS stuff, and while its been fun, it all just started with wanting some reeds for my pond.

I'm going to spend the next few days finishing up the locomotives and then release a 'designer' pack of the cls and train objects so those interested can play around with the trains

Speaking of which, here's is the final version of the locomotive model #1. The final version has thicker railings, and I managed to trim the cab roof to the 45 degree angle so it now looks proper. I will also repaint this one with Union Pacific trim, and then make the other common loco model with the wider nose and engine and paint that with the CP and BNSF schemes. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 12:29:06 PM | IP Logged

I will send you a PM.

With the sounds you can just make custom noises in the LC.

Just did all this in that Portrush extras libs

Did the ocean noises for Turnberry

4 airplane noises

1 church bell for Pinehurst (Actually got an audio clip of the real Pinehurst bells)

From doing the looping oceans, seaguls and such, this is how you create it. You need to use a long audio track or take a sample and mix it. This video is a prime example. This was back in like 2009, took a 15 second audio clip and made it in to an 8 minute song. Back to the trains how this relates you make the sound like 2 minutes long.

So for example on #11 at Troon, you could do like a train horn on the tee and than a train passing noise that fades out in the distance. In the fairway to the green area you can do an oncoming and outgoing train noise as well and again it is looped.

If you can control the timing of the trains, you could theoretically create a perfect ambience effect. The 2nd video below the Ian Poulter one, Mastered and created all the sound effects everything was my own nothing is real besides Clint Eastwood speaking his lines.

2008 British Open - Ian Poulter's Back 9 Charge - Royal Birkdale

For a Few More Dollars (Audio Remastering and Mixing) Quad Remix

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 at 12:50:46 PM | IP Logged

I can do the train noises on this, think it could turn out really good. It is just kind of how you would want it designed. In my opinion it would really ad to this absolutely amazing idea you brought to life. The trick is going to be creating the right volume levels based on the distance of the train and the direction the train is moving.  

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 9:35:20 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Quietly on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 9:36:00 PM wrong pic

Got the second loco template completed. Took a lot more work.

The first cars were literally 1 box.
Then the stacked container cars were 2 boxes.
Then the first loco, which took 7 boxes to complete.

My attepmt at the model ES44 loco took 13 boxes, a number of which had to be further adjusted and bent/tilted. But it''s done and I''m reasonably happy with it.

Also, upon the most recent test, I think it may be possible to send the train in any direction and angle you want without any further adjustments. Just give a start and end point and let''er go.

I just have to make the BNSF skin for this model and then I''ll make the train stuff available for designers

P.S.
Fun fact: no reason you can''t also put moving automobiles on nearby roadways, or even driving in and parking in your clubhouse parking lots 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 9:37:51 PM | IP Logged

Here's the right pic 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 161.4 KB

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 2:15:27 PM | IP Logged

I finally got the golf bag CLS to work. I believe the following was missing from the code: "Use File = 1". It was not in the instructions. Anyways, attached is Jack Nicklaus teeing off with his golf next to the tee. Thanks a lot for your excellent work!! 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 3:16:37 PM | IP Logged

Well thats odd. There was a problem but it wasn't the code. I somehow left out the cls.fxo file from the folder. That needs to be put in the cls.tbf and cls folder.

I just went back, downloaded that bag tutorial, copied over exactly what was in it with the right coordinates for the first 2 holes of my course and it worked fine once I put the fxo file in.

The use file line isn't needed. Noentheless, glad you got it to work.

I've attached fxo file in a zip. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 3.0 KB

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 6:06:30 PM | IP Logged

Thanks. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 2:59:07 PM | IP Logged

files to put rakes in an 08 cls for Bryder 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 22.6 KB

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, Philo_Beddoe,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Fun with the CLS - Page 3 Loaded in 0.313 seconds
Sunday, April 28, 2024 @ 12:32:36 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.