Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:12:05 AM | IP Logged

Thanks guys!

Actually I had done this years ago by making these couple of files read only but maybe switching it Win 10 somewhere along the way the files are replaced thus causing the problem. Luckily I had a backup of the player files so I overwrote the files and now can use the nVidia display.

Regards,
McAlfie 

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:25:19 AM | IP Logged

mcalfie said:
"Thanks guys!

Actually I had done this years ago by making these couple of files read only but maybe switching it Win 10 somewhere along the way the files are replaced thus causing the problem. Luckily I had a backup of the player files so I overwrote the files and now can use the nVidia display.

Regards,
McAlfie"

Good
Sorry butting in again. Despite these files set to read only, the vNidia graphics still hangs upon completion of the hole I just played. So no go even after I followed the instructions somewhere else in the forum. And downgrading the Intel HD 4600 don't help too as game screen flickering non stop. Sad but true... Goodbye to the game? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 at 11:54:52 AM | IP Logged

Well maybe a last option is to try to uninstall TW08 and reinstall, it is a pain to do but maybe worth to try. 

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 10:52:09 PM | IP Logged

True,Pat. But am lazy to do so. Am actually OK with the nVidia graphics but computer hangs(yeah! even in Win 10) when displaying the scorecard after the hole. No matter what I change in Display settings inside the game or the nVidia card and also ran the dgVoodooSetUp it still happened thus I switched to Intel graphics which played nice until a couple of months back.
Guess needs to just grin and bare it with the flickering graphics or like you said, reinstall... Now all I need to do is find the CD. LOL!

Regards,

McAlfie 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 3:48:23 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 3:52:00 AM

mcalfie ? you mention Nvidia Drivers but not what Graphics card you have I see the Intel Graphics of course, but do you have a card that runs on Nvidia drivers, sorry if I missed some thing btw and I run an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB card it is for more modern games , it does not run TW 2008 as good as I would like it to but TW is an old game now 

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 9:36:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: mcalfie on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 9:38:00 PM Typo Error Again.... GRRR...

argon said:
"mcalfie ? you mention Nvidia Drivers but not what Graphics card you have I see the Intel Graphics of course, but do you have a card that runs on Nvidia drivers, sorry if I missed some thing btw and I run an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB card it is for more modern games , it does not run TW 2008 as good as I would like it to but TW is an old game now"

Hi argon,
Am using a Lenovo E440 Laptop with GeForce GT 740M external graphics with 2GB RAM and Intel HD 4600 build in graphics. Like said, using nVidia can play a hole without any hiccups but hangs at the scorecard page so changed to internal graphics which despite lagging a little still can play until just a couple of months back screen flickering while in game play but not in menu though the top left hand corner flickers a little. Even changed HD 4600 river back to 2016 version still the same. Saw some people commented in Lenovo Forum to uninstall chip set and display driver in safe mode then reinstall in normal Win 10 mode, haven''''t tried that though. Too much of hassle for me... LOL!

Regards,

McAlfie  

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Holein1, macval,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Panorama Problem - Page 2 Loaded in 0.188 seconds
Friday, May 3, 2024 @ 3:53:38 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.