Author  Message

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 3:22:35 PM | IP Logged

Hello Jtdoowop,
So you can start the game but you don t see the stock courses that came with the game ?
That happened to a few other people on windows 10, for some people the stock courses and libraries are not installed on Win10.
It is a bit late now for me, but tomorrow i will send you some help how to install the stock courses with TWCaddie08.
I will send it to your Yahoo mail address. 

BrucMan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:43:18 AM | IP Logged

Does anyone know how to solve "installation cannot continue because this game requires DirectX 9.0c or higher"? when installing TW 2008 in Windows 10? Of course I have Direct X 12 on my laptop. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 12:34:46 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Brucman, i think you can find some help on link below:

https://vulkk.com/2015/08/14/install-directx-9-on-windows-10-for-swtor/ 

BrucMan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 3:22:36 PM | IP Logged

Thanks Gunpowder. I'm not sure I have found the solution to this problem, but I'll persist. The problem was almost unique to older EA games(Born For Speed, FIFA 2007, even Maddon!) But I never encountered it with TW 2008. None of the old solutions seem to work anymore. Now it shows up after installing the game numerous times over the years on this particular laptop, including in Windows 10. I suspect some update may be the culprit but am not sure. Anybody else have any insight?  

jon9072
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 9:30:45 AM | IP Logged

Hello,
I have a problem similar to JTDOOWOP in a post above, where I get the message "could not initialize the selected course." I have TW2005 and first ran into the memory problems, but was able to resolve that thanks to help from this site. Now when the game loads I can not see the video at the start of the game, I can only hear it and the screen is black. If I hit a key it skips the video and goes to the game and now I can see everything and play much of the game, except the following-

tournament mode- Red Mt Creek and Emerald Dragon tournaments
Legend mode- I can play the first 11 on the bottom row of challengers, but not the Hustler's, or any of the next row up.
the Medal scenarios- can not initiate any

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 10:38:23 AM | IP Logged

Hello jon,

It looks a few of the stock courses are not installed automatic by win10.
All stock courses should be automatic installed here ( probably a few missing ):

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 05\Courses

In that folder courses you should find 11 stock course folders:
AUS...EDW...FAN...HAR...JPN...MON...PBL...SAW...SHR...STA....TUR

When don t see them there then they are not installed automatic from the Courses DVD to your PC.
On the Courses DVD they are located in the courses folder:

DVD DRIVE:\Courses

Are you familiar with the automatic course and library installer CLsetup05 or Course utilities05 ?
I know a way how to reinstall the stock courses with CLsetup05 or Course Utilities ( Install from your Courses DVD to your PC )
But first i want to know if you are familiar with the automatic course and library installer CLsetup05 or Course utilities05

jon9072
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 12:51:19 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jon9072 on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 12:52:00 PM attachment

Hi Gunpower 61, thanks for the response.
I have all 11 stock course folders in the courses folder. (attached screen shot)
I have read a little about CLsetup05 while reading this forum and planned to use it after a playthrough of the game (if I can get it to work) but to answer your question, I do not have experience using the program CLsetup05 or Course Utilities yet.  

File Attachment
Zip File - bmp File - Click Here to Download File - 2.56 MB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 1:04:12 PM | IP Logged

Hi, some help for CLsetup05:
----------------------------
There are several ways to install the course + libraries, below is help how you can do it with CLsetup05
first install CLsetup05, you can download it on link below:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=1&gameid=7

When you downloaded the clsetup05 zipfile, first extract or unzip it, and you will see a file: clsetup2k5-1.0
Dubble click clsetup2k5-1.0, and CLsetup05 will be installed on your PC.
when you installed CLsetup05, you will find icon on desktop.
( CLsetup05 is installed in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CLSetup05 )
Important when you are using win7 or Win8 or Win10 or Vista:
right click CLsetup05 icon on desktop.....and choose: properties......Compatibility.....and check box: Run as administrator
Now you have to create a new folder on your PC, you can create it where you want, but not in TW game.
I created new folder on my desktop.
In this new folder you will have to download the course zip file + all listed libraries zip files.
( no need to unzip the downloaded files, CLsetup can handle zip files )

When you found a course you want to download:
On left side you will see:Coursedownloads.net ( Click on it to download course )
On right side you will see : Library name.....with list of all required libraries.
You will have to download all listed libraries on the right side, click on each library name to download.
( Example: when you have course + 5 listed libraries, you will have to download 6 files: Course file + 5 libraries )
When you downloaded course+libraries in new folder:
Dubble click CLsetup icon on desktop and popup screen will appear...in this popup screen you will have to browse/find the new folder where you downloaded course+libraries.
When you found: First dubble click all library zip files, agree with all questions and libraries will be installed in TW game.
At last dubble click the course zip file, agree with all questions and course will be installed in TW game.

Note: When you have a message of missing TW05 stock libraries, then you can download them on link below, also install them with CLsetup05:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/coursesource/libraries.asp?LibName=&ArchName=ea&guid=&sort=LibName&gameid=7&action=Search

jon9072
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 3:52:58 PM | IP Logged

I downloaded CLsetup05 and tried out a downloadable course and very much enjoyed it. At least I will have many new courses to try out. Thanks for your help getting me setup with that!

As for the original problems, it seems like all necessary files are installed. I can play all 11 stock courses on Dream18 or a custom game, just not in certain calendar event, scenarios or Legend tour matches. The ones that wont load on Legend tour are all tigerproofed versions of the stock courses.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, December 7, 2018 at 11:28:00 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, December 7, 2018 at 11:30:00 AM

Hiya When you have a Direct X memory message on Win10, someone ( dgjmis5 ) found another workaround, big thanks for sharing:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had built a new budget gaming rig (i7 w/ 16Gb RAM). I added a Nvidia GTX 1050ti 4Gb compact Black Friday deal to complete the new system. Loaded up Win 10 and promptly installed TW08. I tried the boot options of limiting RAM and still got the dreaded Direct X no memory errors.

I then tried the dgVoodoo program and despite multiple tweaks I could not get around the DirectX errors. I toyed with running the game from a hyper-v machine or running from a standalone pc.

Thru some arcane mix of luck and desperation, a Google search came up with a post about using a program called dxwnd to run older dos/full screen games in a Window. The thread can be found here

(https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/general/thread/251262cb/)

I downloaded the program. It runs a lot like dgVoodoo and has a built in profile with settings that should run TW08 in a window. This actually worked for me. Runs the program in a window that can be resized or maximized. Once inside I did have to go to the video settings and max out all the sliders, but the game looks great! You don''''t have to reduce your startup RAM or any other changes. Just run TW08 straight from the profile you build in DXWND. I tweaked a few settings but some changes may cause the error to reoccur.

Your mileage may vary, but this is another option for people to run TW08 on modern video cards without dx9 support.

You can download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Good luck!  

Locky099
General Member
No User Image
Brazil

Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 10:55:15 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"Several people are using Win10, for most people it works.
( When you have a Direct X memory error message, then you first have to do method 1 or method 2 or method 3, desscribed a bit lower ).

For all users,Follow steps below:
On desktop you should have TW08 program icon.
This is how you can get the TW08 icon on your desktop:
Go to the bin folder in TW08, see path below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin

Now inside the bin folder right click the TW08.exe icon, and in list choose: Copy to...and choose: Desktop
Now you will have the Tw08 icon on your desktop.
Now you will have to run TW08 in compatibility mode, see help below.

Automatically Change Compatibility Mode Settings for App in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
( When you have a Direct X memory error message, then you first have to do method 1 or method 2 or method 3, desscribed a bit lower )

Right click on TW08 icon on desktop, and click/tap on: Troubleshoot compatibility
Click/tap: Continue
Then click second option: Continue troubleshoot program
Now choose option on top: Try recommended settings
And click: Test program
Now TW08 should start, when it started close TW08 again
Now click: Next......and choose the option on top: Save the settings for this program
After that TW08 should work.
Important note: When you do the compatibility thing, it is possible your system will say it will not work in compatibility mode or TW08 will not start, but just finish the steps above and restart your PC and it should work !!!!

You can try this when you have message: Direct X is reporting there is not enough memory:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 3 methods, you have to choose 1 method.

Method 1: ( by JoSummer )
--------
You can get around this problem by limiting the system RAM. To do so ..

1. press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig, and click/tap on OK.

2. under the Boot tab in System Configuration, click on the Advanced options button

3. check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 4095, hit ok and reboot the system when asked.

You shouldn''t have any disadvantages by doing so, because there''s only a few applications or games that are actually addressing (benefit from) more than 4GB system RAM.

Method 2: ( by CutesyButton )
---------
I do have another workaround however, where you don''t have to restrict RAM so I''l put it here as another option.

Step One:-
Go to : http://dege.freeweb.hu/ and download the latest version of DG Voodoo.

Step Two:-

Extract the DGVoodoo Setup program and DDraw.dll and D3Dlmm.dll files into the bin directory of your Tiger Woods 08 install.

Step Three:-

Run the DgVoodoo setup program.

Step Four:-

Head to the directX tab and uncheck "Disable and passthru to real DirectX".

Step Five:-

In the VRAM drop box, type a reasonable value like 512000 KB (note the space between the number and KB) - while it is a drop down box with 3 values, it accepts typed ones as well.

Note- The resolution changes didn''''t work for me here, so I had to use the universal widescreen program (from widescreengaming) and the Tiger 2004 (Custom Menu) res patch to get 1920x1080.

Step Six:-

Run the game, and hey presto. Can confirm this works for Tiger 07 as well.

( My Setup:- FX8350/Radeon HD7950 3GB/16GB Memory )

Method 3: ( by JoSummer )
----------
Download the attached zipfile below, and extract or unzip it first
Now copy and paste the DDraw.dll file into the bin folder of the game installation!
The bin folder is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin

Note: When you did one of the 3 methods and you got rid of the message, Direct x is reporting there is not enough video memory:
Now also do the steps described on top of this page: Automatically Change Compatibility Mode Settings for App in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

"

Sorry reliving a old post, but i made every step on you provided, and it didn't worked, even the second method, witch is odd 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 12:02:03 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 12:04:00 PM

Hello,

Remember after you got rid of the DirectX memory error messge, then you also have to do the steps on top: Automatically Change Compatibility Mode Settings for App in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

Did you try method 3 ?
method 3 should work. 

Bikey2003
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 7:44:50 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Bikey2003 on Friday, February 22, 2019 at 7:46:00 PM typo error

I have a similar problem after installing TW 2004 & have tried & tried to get it to work but it just wont load & when I changed compatability it displayed bad mem point error.
I am running windows 10 64 bit Any help would be so much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Paul 

General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 12:14:44 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Guest on Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 5:10:00 PM correction

I have recently returned to CD because I was able to install TW08 and TW08 Caddie64 on Windows 10 version 1809. I used the forum instructions but discovered a step that works on my computer with the WideScreenPatch. After all files are placed into the Bin folder and TW08 installs, I made sure the game resolution was set to 800x600 (default).

I could not make the Patch work in Windows normal mode so I restarted my PC in Safe Mode. I visited the Bin folder again and opened the WideScreenPatch, found the TW04 Custom Menu and set the resolution to 1920x1080. I then restarted the computer in normal mode, launched TW08 and when I tried a round it was the first time I had ever seen TW08 in such detail in 1920x1080!

The main menu appears at 800x600 which is no problem for me. It simply looks pixilated on anyones screen with 1280x1024 or higher.

That method worked for me and maybe it work will for you on Windows 7 and 10 64 bit computers.

I had to remove the zip file link I once posted here. Google and Bing do not like the Voodoo.exe file.

Here is a link showing all the scan engines used to check DGVoodo. You will see the majority of security programs find the DGVoodoo file clean.

Scan Engines at virustotal.com 

TextRich
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 22, 2019 at 10:18:33 PM | IP Logged

I just got TW08. I tried all the methods in the original post and could not get the game to run past the DirectX10 memory error. What solved MY problem: I use a nVidia GTX 970 video card with three monitors connected to it. What I tried was rebooting to the UEFI (old schoolers call it BIOS) and changing the graphic adapter to integrated graphics. For my MSI motherboard, I chose IGA rather than PGA under Advanced Settings. So that meant I had to connect my monitor to the built-in onboard video output and not the video card's video output. I disconnected the other two monitors just in case. I was able to get the game to run normally on my main monitor. Of course I would prefer to be able to run the game normally through my video card anytime I want to (like Links 2003) and not have to use the UEFI and disconnect/reconnect displays, but it only takes a couple of minutes and it is better than nothing. 

BULLPUPP2
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/30/1964 (59)

Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 9:45:19 AM | IP Logged

Win10 and tw08. Radeon RX580 card

Pop up says "This game does not officially support this video card....."

Any fix for this? Ty 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 11:16:18 AM | IP Logged

Hello Bill, did you try one of the 3 methods, described in the first post of this topic ?
After that you also have to run TW08 in compatibility mode ( also described in the first post of this topic ) 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, May 3, 2019 at 9:31:24 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, May 3, 2019 at 9:32:00 AM

Bill, sometimes it works when you roll back the graphics driver to an older driver. 

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 1:53:35 PM | IP Logged

edited by: DFELD2005 on Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 3:15:00 PM

I just used Method 3 (DDRAW.DLL from JoSummer) to successfully install TW06 on my Win 10 Laptop.
[Along with Compatibility = Vista SP1]
The file DDRAW.DLL is an amazing gift to the Course Downloads User Community.
Thank You !!

ADDENDUM:
My personal experience to modify my TW06 DXWrap.dll file for a widescreen laptop (1920x1080) comes from this web-link.
https://www.wsgf.org/dr/tiger-woods-pga-tour-06

I was unable to use the more popular UNIWS patcher method for my installation of TW06. 

Silver Fox
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 4:07:17 PM | IP Logged

Some players never can get their Windows 10 computer set up for TW08. Others continuously have to tweak their settings to get the game working correctly. I got rid of all of my windows 10 problems by buying a refurbished Windows 7 computer for $100 from ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=windows+7+computers&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=2500&_sop=15

They start at $64 and I am playing the game again just like in the old days.  

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 3 active members online
Gunpower61, linda rowley, raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW08 and Win10 Compatibility mode tutorial - Page 2 Loaded in 0.391 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 3:29:28 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.