Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Riccled
General Member
No User Image
England

Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 6:18:53 PM | IP Logged

Hi everyone.
I have been playing TW 08 a fair bit recently and the game has been working perfectly and an hour ago I did the regular Microsoft updates,rebooted and tried to run the tw 08 and the message came up `This application is not compatible with the installed operating system.
Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better.`

Which is mad as this pc has windows 8 on it and it was working perfectly only this afternoon,before I did the m/s updates.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem
my machine is a Toshiba satellite Intel I3 processor 8GB RAM Windows 8

Cheers
Ricc. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 12:19:54 PM | IP Logged

Hi, you will have to run TW08 in compatibility mode:

On desktop you should have TW08 program icon.
This is how you can get the TW08 icon on your desktop:
Go to the bin folder in TW08, see path below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin

Now inside the bin folder right click the TW08.exe icon, and in list choose: Copy to...and choose: Desktop
Now you will have the Tw08 icon on your desktop.

On your desktop, right-click the TW08 icon and choose Properties.

2.When the Properties dialog box appears, click the Compatibility tab and then click the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter button.

In its robotic way, Windows 8 tries to guess what version of Windows your program needs, and then it applies the changes. If the program begins working, youre through.

If the program still has trouble, though, move to Step 3.

3.In the Compatibility Mode section, select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For check box and select XP from the drop-down list.

4.Click OK and then try running TW08 again to see whether it works better. ( It is possible you have to restart your PC before it works )

Important note: When you do the compatibility thing, it is possible your system will say it will not work in compatibility mode, but just finish it and restart your PC and it should work !!!! 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW 08 not running after microsoft updates - Page 1 Loaded in 0.109 seconds
Tuesday, April 23, 2024 @ 5:21:53 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.