Author  Message

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 9:50:35 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 2:47:00 AM

Im not responsible for any damage caused by - wrong usage - of the tutorials linked to in this message.

Warning: SweetFX adds visual functions that may stress your graphics card and system !!!

The custom res 2880x1620 in the video is already enabled via the NVidia Control Panel. Open the downsampling tutorial links below for info about adding custom res.

Theres no simple one click solution. So what you have to do is read the tutorials. If you dont like to read manuals this is nothing for you !!!

The video shows how to activate SweetFX and add a custom high-res to TW 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehrsmn6SYrg&feature=youtu.be

My SweetFX TW08 profile is attached to this message.

Latest SweetFX Configurator Download
http://sweetfx.thelazy.net

SweetFX Settings Database
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/>SweetFX Settings Database

Downsampling Tutorials

NVidia
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346325

AMD - Downsampling requires technical knowledge
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366244 

File Attachment
Text File - txt File - Click Here to Download File - 20.1 KB

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 10:23:51 AM | IP Logged

Would appreciate an opinion on this. I have a slightly older system, HP Pavilion with Quad Core 2.5GHz processor, 4GB RAM and NVidia GForce 9500 video card and running Win7. Would SweetFX work on this system or do I need a newer, more powerful system? 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 at 3:07:49 AM | IP Logged

1.5 should work with your card. Just try the 1.5 version or use an older version if it doesn't work.

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91

Downsampling - 2nd part of the video - is probably not working, also not recommended with older cards or monitors.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 at 7:51:43 AM | IP Logged

Awesome Jo!! Thanks so much for the thread...:) 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 at 12:00:43 PM | IP Logged

Yes, thanks for sharing Jo, didn t try it yet but will do later. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 at 9:08:17 AM | IP Logged

Axe360 & Pat

TW 2008 is far from being outdated. With some tweaking the game can be turned into a visual beauty, though the engine is pretty old, is limiting the awesome work of TW08 course designers. In my opinion it's still the best PC golf game out there !!!

Btw, thanks for the great work you are doing Pat !!! 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 at 1:19:34 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"Axe360 & Pat

TW 2008 is far from being outdated. With some tweaking the game can be turned into a visual beauty, though the engine is pretty old, is limiting the awesome work of TW08 course designers. In my opinion it's still the best PC golf game out there !!!

Btw, thanks for the great work you are doing Pat !!!"

Thanks to you Jo, this could give the best Golf Game out there a new lease of life. 

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 at 7:29:27 PM | IP Logged

Need a little help,

I tried installing sweetfx 1.5 following the readme file; ie copying the files and file structure over to the game folder with the exe file (I moved them to the game bin folder with the tw2008.exe file in it). Also put in the TW preset files and edited the preset.txt file accordingly.

When I run the game, I now get a message saying d3dx9_43.dll file is missing from the computer and the game won't run.

Any ideas and help to fix would be appreciated.

Steve

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 7:06:39 AM | IP Logged

Hi, i don t know much about the SweetFX program, but i think it is good idea to take a back up of the TW08 bin folder, before you start.
When it is not working then you can restore the original TW08 bin folder. 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (54)

Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 10:41:38 AM | IP Logged

making a manual Restore point for system restore is always a good idea too

that .dll file is a Dx9 file, not a tw08 file

try the steps listed in this site:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/d3dx9_43-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 12:54:42 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the suggestion,

I was able to download the missing dll file and place in the windows system folder. When I tried to launch the game, got no message about missing file (good so far) but the game wouldn't launch, just went back to desktop. I removed the sweetfx files and the game launched as usual. so I was back to square one.

Perhaps I should try to configure program vs just copying files per the readme file. I'll see how that works.

Good idea about the backup of the bin folder; I may have been lucky to get the game back so better safe than sorry!

If anyone has other suggestions, let me know...

Thanks again for the help! 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 3:47:11 AM | IP Logged

d3dx9_43.dll

You need to install the latest DirectX version.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

You need to enable the split-install option in the configurator -> game settings before you add SweetFX to the game !!!

SweetFX Install Directory
... Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08

Split SweetFX Install
... Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin

There are two bugs with the configurator. The first time you use the "save/load configuration" function nothing is displayed in the preset window. Just close and reopen the function and import the preset again to see the changes.

When you restart the configurator no game related settings are displayed. Select TW2008 in the game list and click on "Remove SweetFX" then "Add SweetFX" (not the remove/add game buttons) to display the current SweetFX game settings.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 at 1:01:10 AM | IP Logged

Hi JoSummer,

I've installed the latest directx and followed your video on using the configurator. One thing is not quite clear; when you enable the split install do you put all the sweetfx files in the Programfiles(x86)\EASports\TigerWoods PGA Tour 2008\ folder and point to this as the Sweet FX installation directory?

Then do you put any files in the Programfiles(x86)\EASports\TigerWoods PGA Tour 2008\bin folder for the split install when you enable it? And do you point to the bin folder as the split install folder?

When you want to run the game with sweetfx, do you always have to open the configurator and select launch selected game rather than the way I would before by just selecting the desktop icon?

Thanks,

Steve 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 at 3:45:06 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Monday, September 22, 2014 at 3:47:00 AM

Hi Steve,

the configurator puts the files into the correct folders, there''''s no need to add the files/folders manually. If you placed the files manually and it doesn''''t work, remove every SweetFX related files from the game folders and start over.

1. Add the game with "Add New Game" button
2. Select the game in the game list, afterwards open "Game Settings"
3. Enable the split-install option, remove "\bin" from Sweetfx Installation folder (top
field) - save changes
4. Click on "Add SweetFX" button
5. Click on "Save/Load Configuration" and import the TW08 preset. If nothing is displayed
close/reopen the function and import again.
6. Click on "Save new config" button

You don''''t have to start the game with the configurator. Only if you plan to adjust the settings
to your needs start the configurator and afterwards the game (via configurator or desktop
shortcut). Then you can modify the sweetfx settings while the game is running. With
the "Pause Key" on your keyboard you can reload the settings, see the changes you made on
the fly.

Toggle SweetFX on/off => Scroll Key
Reload Settings => Pause Key
Save Screenshot => Print Key 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 12:07:18 AM | IP Logged

Hi Jo,

I got around to setting up sweetfx as stated in your last post and I could get it to work when I run the program as administrator...good so far and it looks great. The problem is that when I start a swing, the screen goes a funny black for the duration of the swing and then goes back to normal for the ball flight. all the screen is black, except for the swing meter.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 1:49:48 AM | IP Logged

Hi Steve,

overriding the game-Antialiasing seems to work for the 3-click meter problem (fuzzy screen).
Open your NVidia Panel, set AA-mode to override and the AA-setting to min (2x) or whatever
setting your game still runs smooth with.

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

smarshallt
General Member
Canada

Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 9:57:57 AM | IP Logged

Hi Jo,

That fixed the black screen issue, but the game runs very choppy, to the point of being unplayable. Maybe I need to play around with some other video settings to try and smooth things out. I loaded sweetfx 1.5.1. Would and earlier version be better? 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 10:44:16 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Friday, September 26, 2014 at 10:47:00 AM

Hi Steve,

SweetFX adds visual stuff that is stressing your graphics card - mentioned that in the opening posting. Like you said, you have to play around with the settings to find out what settings suit best for nice graphics and fluent gameplay. I have a GTX 580 NV-Card, so I can activate all SweetFX settings and my framerate ist still acceptable even on downsampled high res 2880x1620. For a NV-9500 card my SweetFX setup is probably to overwhelming, so you have to lower the settings or lower the screen resolution.

Just play around with the SweetFX settings to find out what suits best for your system. Sure, you can try an earlier SweetFX version - 1.4 was great, btw!  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

fadd
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/2/1953 (70)

Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 at 9:54:49 PM | IP Logged

I have installed sweetfx several times using the 1.5 configurator. I installed as an administrator. Each time the game will not launch and goes back to the desktop. I have viewed the video and tried to follow the instructions in the posts. I enabled the split install in the game settings and set the install paths as instructed. The error message I receive in the log file is;

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\bin\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
try to use "C:\PROGRA~2\EASPOR~1\TIGERW~2" for shader files

What may I being doing wrong?

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 7:40:33 AM | IP Logged

Hi fadd,

you were adding sweetfx without split-install option. Just remove all SweetFX files from your game folder and start over. Just make sure that you enable the split-install option, edit the directory fields like it's shown in the video before you enable SweetFX (Add SweetFX Button).

Files/Folder to remove from /bin:
dxgi.dll
d3d9.dll
injector.ini
SweetFX (folder)

Just remove all files/folders related to SweetFX and add it again.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

There are 1 active members online
Bobo,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - SweetFX + Downsampling - Page 1 Loaded in 0.674 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 6:12:12 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.