Author  Message

rlslay
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/22/1960 (63)

Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 at 10:38:19 AM | IP Logged

I would like to re-post this, it's by wizards,

in response to some players experiencing invisible trees on my courses, I often find that when playing in practice mode or online that not all the holes render fully all of the time and have to refresh the screen by pressing the 5 camera key and then the 1 camera key to get all the planting to render. This happens on all courses.......Rob 

rlslay Signature

Working on .....

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 at 8:37:59 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jmeier on Monday, November 4, 2013 at 8:39:00 PM typos

It also is caused by not having a strong enough video card to render trees. There are no such thing as invisible trees. There is nothing a designer can do to either cause this, or prevent it. It is inherent in the game engine 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 at 9:00:21 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Monday, November 4, 2013 at 9:14:00 PM

Exactly.. You need to either adjust your options or get a better video card. I find turning down Tree Detail Distance helps a lot in smoothing a course out, that has a lot of plantings.. Of course the best thing to do is what I am going to do, get a stronger card but it is in no way, the designers fault and I hear people saying that a lot.. It is your card!

I have an ati HD 5570 1 gig and I am going to bump up to an ati HD 6670 which is what rlslay has as noted in his architect comments on his latest Austrailian course.. I figure if he can run his courses smooth as a baby, then should be safe to get that card.. Of course, with any upgrade, make sure your power supply can handle it...

But not seeing some trees or experiencing lag on tree/plant intense courses, is NOT the designers fault!!

Also on some courses they may have a lot of trees but will play smoother because of the line of site.. Say you have a course that isnt real hilly so you can see all the way across the course, if there are a lot of trees then the game tries to render those oh so distant trees, if your card isnt strong enough, you will get lag...

Of course I am not an expert at this but I am sure enough that I am going to upgrade my card..

Peace 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 3:42:13 AM | IP Logged

Ya, upgrade vc already, only 5+ years later!! Lol 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 11:14:10 PM | IP Logged

Least it didn't take me a month to reply to this post. Na na na nana :) 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 6:29:36 PM | IP Logged

Lol.. ;) 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 3:08:26 AM | IP Logged

Some good help in this topic, it is changed to a sticky topic now. 

There are 1 active members online
hacker49,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Invisible Trees and other objects - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 2:38:20 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.