Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 at 7:51:53 PM | IP Logged

If you have a course that is not showing up in the game after installing with TW Caddie post here after trying a few simple fixes weve found.

Number One:
Open TW Caddie 08 and then locate the course. Double Click on the Course Name to bring up Course Properties. Look at the file path if there are any spaces at the end of the folder name remove them.

Example:
Incorrect:
C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Courses\Augusta 2008 \Augusta 2008 .tcr

You see the two spaces after Augusta 2008 remove those.

Correct:
C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Courses\Augusta 2008\Augusta 2008.tcr
Number Two:
Unistall the course and try re-installing
Number Three:
Not sure why you would have Tiger WOods 2008 running while installing a course, but if you did, uninstall the course shut down TW08 and re-install the course.
Number 4:
Course Shows offline mode but not online? - or - I can join tournaments with the course but not create tournaments.

Answer:
You need to select Custom Game Settings.
Number 5:
If you unzipped the file after downloading and only installed the Green Icon (TCR) file then the logo, splash, text and flag will go to the default, missing files. Uninstall course and then install the zip file with all the files you wnat included for that course. The course Logo and splash screen will now show up. If you see a blank space in the list where the course should be, I want to know how you pulled it off, it should be 100% impossible to install a course and not have some type of logo, using TW Caddie 08 and ONLY Tw Caddie 08 to install courses. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

chuzwozzer
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 4:24:02 AM | IP Logged

Afetr downloading 2 courses and installing them them using TW Caddie i found that they didnt show in the game so i tried all the fixes you mention but i still cannot play them.
I checked to make sure i had the correct version of the caddie which i have, i also checked the forum for any other possible problems which could cause the course not to show in the game and checked them, everything is 100% ok.
The course should be showing but it isnt :-(
Please can you help? 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 3:14:39 PM | IP Logged

Id be happy to help....

What version of windows are you running. After installing the course does it show in your course list. Where are you going when you play the game to see if the course is showing up in your course list? 

TruBluMich Signature

chuzwozzer
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 5:51:41 PM | IP Logged

Im running windows vista 32
The course(US Open Torrey Pines 2008)is listed in the installed courses and when i check the properties all the librarys are listed as true,i checked the course file locations and there are no spaces where they should not be any
C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Courses\US Open Torrey Pines 2008\logo.dds
When i play the game i have been looking for the course in custom game and in practice but it isnt there. :-( 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 5:54:02 PM | IP Logged

edited by: TruBluMich on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 5:56:00 PM

Is this the only course you have tried installing?

Are you playing the DVD version, the download version from EA Sports or a hacked version of the game?

Are you starting the game using any downloaded No-CD exe files? 

TruBluMich Signature

chuzwozzer
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 9:51:38 PM | IP Logged

Iv tried installing other courses but i still have the same problem.

I have the dvd version which i bought and installed on my pc.

No im not using a no cd exe file,i place the disk in the tray and press play when it comes up on the screen.

Do you need a hacked version of the game in order to be able to add custom courses to it or can you add them to the original game? 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 11:45:46 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jbcalg on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 11:49:00 PM

no, a hacked version is not a requirement LOL

think TBM was asking a variety of things to see if he could narrow the issue down a little

so

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

chuzwozzer
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 3:43:57 AM | IP Logged

i started the other thread while i was waiting for a reply in this 1 just to try and get things sorted quicker. 

chuzwozzer
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at 12:48:05 PM | IP Logged

I uninstalled the courses,the caddie and the TW08 game because i thought i might have altered the file and folder permissions for them by mistake.
Iv reinstalled the game,the caddie,a course(Carnoustie),checked that all the course file locations are correct which they are.
Everything is installed where the caddie says it is but the course is still not showing in the game :-( Bah Humbug 

durhamknowle
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 10/26/1946 (77)

Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 11:35:08 AM | IP Logged

I have just recovered from a deadly virus which forced me to wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything this done I downloaded tw08 caddie I have netframework 3.5 installed. when I downloaded two courses they show in tw08 as installed but when I open tw08 the courses are not there any ideas please I have checked the suggestion ref spacing that appears to be ok help please 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 1:23:10 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 1:26:00 PM

The program needs to have permission from the first time you install it. UAC Creates registery entries for each individual user and denies access to the keys Tiger Woods 08 uses to read courses from.

Simply put here is how to fix every single issue that Vista users have encountered. MAKE SURE THE PROGRAM HAS ADMINISTRATION PRIVILEGES.

So how do you do that you ask?

Browse to the folder you installed TW Caddie 08 usally:
C://Program Files/CourseDownloads.com/TW Caddie 08

Locate the following file:
TW Caddie 08.exe

(;VISTA 64 BETA)
TW Caddie 08 Vista 64.exe

Right Click on that file and select Properties.

With properties Open select the tab labeled Compatibility

In the Compatibility screen you will see a option near the bottom that says:
Run This Program as Administrator

Check the box and click Apply and then OK. As the manual says you the program MUST BE RAN AS AN ADMINISTER. IN XP just being logged in as an Admin is enough. Vista on the other hand you have to tell it to run as an Administer.

This has fixed 99.9% of all reported problems with TW Caddie and Vista.

Note: It is possible you will have to reinstall the courses that you installed before this fix. 

durhamknowle
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 10/26/1946 (77)

Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 4:39:50 PM | IP Logged

edited by: durhamknowles on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at 4:40:00 PM

Thank you for the input I tried all you suggested but the downloaded courses are still not on tw08 when I open the programme any other sugestions please 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 8:10:54 AM | IP Logged

Not sure this will help you, but maybe good idea to read help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=6670&bookmark= 

There are 5 active members online
Bobo, Cody, golfingod, Gunpower61, southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Course Not showing in Game Thread - Page 1 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 3:00:38 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.