Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 1:24:33 AM | IP Logged

If you are having a problem with TW Caddie 08 post them in this area of the forum. Please create a new post for any issue you are having. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

vexxxboy
General Member
No User Image
New Zealand

B-Day: 2/25/1964 (60)

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 1:52:53 AM | IP Logged

is there a way to install the zip file without extracting it like you can in the cl setup i dont use the myzip option when i download the courses 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 2:07:53 AM | IP Logged

vexxxboy said:
"is there a way to install the zip file without extracting it like you can in the cl setup i dont use the myzip option when i download the courses"

Yes the exact same way you installed zip files when using CLsetup 07.

Option 1 (Auto Install): Right Click and select Open With and then select TW Caddie 08 from the list.
Option 2: Open the program Click on Install and then select the zip file.

I did notice I left that out of the User Guide for some reason. 

TruBluMich Signature

Machaveli007
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 10:44:46 PM | IP Logged

Mich why did my post get deleted?

LOve the new installer... Can you assist why it might not be working? The custom course i had installed from the old installer work fine... I downloaded the new installer today and the custom courses are still on tw and work fine... I then downloaded 3 new courses using the installer all went well.. All courses say true in the installer.. However when I go into the game the new courses are not there?

Thanks for any advice sir

Machaveli 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 11:16:15 PM | IP Logged

I deleted it because you posted it twice once here and then started your own thread....

I need to know what courses, whats not showing in the game, What operating system, what game are you playing and so on? 

TruBluMich Signature

Machaveli007
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 12:11:07 AM | IP Logged

THanks for the reply.

I have been playing and downloading courses with no problem with the old cl installer etc.. I have about 12 courses already downloaded and installed prior to downloading the Caddie.. All worked fine... I am Vista home edition 32 bit.. Today I downloaded the Caddie following all instructions. All the courses I had previous were in the new caddie and work fine. I downloaded seven canyons of sedona, The Galler North course which ive played and its incredible, and another one that i cant remember at the moment.. anyway downloaded the file as usual from here. installed with the caddie, they all say true in caddie and all files look in place... However when I open and go into TW08 to play the courses that i downloaded today are not showing up..

Thanks sir

Mach 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 12:50:32 AM | IP Logged

Ok this ones new......

Its not a Vista thing as about half the testers used vista.

Dumb question I know but you are loading Tiger Woods 08?

Can you please take a screen shot of TW Caddies Main Page showing all the courses you have installed and then one that shows the course properties screen for a course that works in the game and one that isnt.

to take a screen shot if you dont know hit the print screen button Open WIndows Piant and Press CTRL+V on your keyboard save the files as a JPG and upload it here.

Next please Go to Options CourseDownloads.com MyLibrary Sync and sync your libraries. This will tell me what libraries you have installed.

This steps a little advanced so if you dont feel confortable then dont do it....
Click on your Windows Start Button Go to RUN open that and type in regedit

It will open your windows registery Open the folders i nthere in this order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
EA Sports
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08
Courses

You should see a bunch of folders with alot of numbers and letters. Open each of those folders and look to the right you will see the course name along with file paths.

Open each folder until you find a course that is not loading and take a screen shot.

It will look something like this see attachment

Now if you already knew how to do all of this sorry I always take the approach that people dont know how to do soemthing. 

TruBluMich Signature

Machaveli007
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 1:12:17 AM | IP Logged

Yep TIger 08 . I synced the libraries etc and that was all well.. For some reason I cant get a snapshot of the caddie not sure but your directions not working for me..I can assure though that all courses properties say true, all files there.. I guess when i can get a snapshot ill send it to you but really dont know.. again all the courses that I had previous custom that is work fine in the caddie. but the three that I downloaded today and installed thru the caddie say they are there and installed but dont show in the game. how weird.. Not sure what else to say

Mach 

Machaveli007
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 1:58:18 AM | IP Logged

Hey, Well i went into my TW08 properties and noticed that my security had been changed.. I changed that went back into TW without having to be administrator HMMM and BAM all courses there and working fine... THanks for your help see you on the links.

Machaveli 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 2:05:30 AM | IP Logged

Awesome had me scared there for a moment... 

TruBluMich Signature

DavidWR52ET
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 9/7/1968 (55)

Posted: Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 11:33:38 AM | IP Logged

Tru can you please give me permission to upload your Caddie 08 to my Magazine TW Online Magazine so people may download it. I will put a discalimer that it is your intulectual Property. I would appreciate that. Email me at the magazine, email address is at the bottom of every page............ 

DavidWR52ET Signature

Editor: TW-Online-Magazine.co.uk

andybarrell
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 10/21/1963 (60)

Posted: Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 1:49:27 PM | IP Logged

edited by: andybarrell on Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 3:08:00 PM

hi there...

my mate is having terrible trouble downloading courses...when he installs them he gets these errors

any ideas 

andybarrell Signature

PGAX Staff Member

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 8:23:27 PM | IP Logged

When the program went to clean up the folder was still in use by another program, usually windows. It should be deleted the next time you start the program. If not manually delete the file by following the path in the message. 

TruBluMich Signature

mahlon
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/8/1976 (47)

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:37:39 PM | IP Logged

Hi,

Watching the Masters reminded me that I hadnt been here in awhile, so I logged on to the site to see what was new, and was elated to see the TW caddy 08. I downloaded it and installed it by clicking setup. Should I have clicked on Windows Installer package instead? After it was installed I ran it and it came up with an unhandled exception error and then it said tw08 is not properly installed on your computer, and then another message saying that I had no courses installed, and after that it finally let me into the program, and I tried to install the Agusta myzip file and it gave me a message about access being denied to the file path where the game is located, and then I recalled that with the previous program (wont mention its name) that there was a certain target directory that all courses had to be installed into and I couldnt recall which one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, its been about 8 months since I last installed a course and that was in tw06.

Thanks,
Mahlon 

There are 2 active members online
rgaps, tripel43,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - INFORMATION - Page 1 Loaded in 0.359 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 4:45:15 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.