Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 and Windows 10
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

bryder2162
General Member
USA

Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 8:30:58 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 6:24:00 AM

I really like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08, however, my first love has always been Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06. Therefore, when I upgraded my Windows 7 Professional machine to Windows 10 Pro I had to figure out a way of getting Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 to run on my gaming computer again.

My research quickly revealed that the issue with compatibility lies in DirectX. The newer versions included in every distribution of Windows since Vista may and can cause problems. Tiger Woods 06 was made to work with Directx9.0c and the version that Windows 10 uses is Directx12. So, what is DirectX? Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. Originally, the names of these APIs all began with ''Direct'', such as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectSound, and so forth. The name DirectX was coined as a shorthand term for all of these APIs (the X standing in for the particular API names) and soon became the name of the collection. When Microsoft later set out to develop a gaming console, the X was used as the basis of the name Xbox to indicate that the console was based on DirectX technology.

My further research indicated that some of the APIs or .dll files used by Directx9.0 are not included with the newer DirectX versions. So, in order to add these files, you have to run what is called the Directx9.0 Standalone Installer. An Internet search will bring up lots of sites that will allow you to download this complete package. The following is one of the best because it offers you complete instructions on how to ''update'' your DirectX: https://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx/. This, however, is not all you have to do in order to get Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 to run on your state-of-the-art gaming machine. This leads us to another web site and some more files we need.

That other web site is: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html. You will need all the files located in the ''MS'' folder for the dgVoodoo v2.55.2 distribution. Don''t leave that web site without grabbing two more files. They are the D3DRM.dll (Direct3D Retained mode) which hasn''t been a part of the OS since Windows Vista (found in the D3DRM.zip download) and the D3DCompiler_47.dll file (found in the D3DCompiler_47 download). All of these files have to go in the ''bin'' folder of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 BEFORE YOU RUN IT! The location of that “bin” is usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06\bin.

Now, you will be able to boot the game without getting an ''out of memory'' message or another message stating that your video card is not supported. One note before I get back to playing, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 does not take too well to the uniws (Univeral Wide Screen) patch. Other than that, enjoy and give this worthy predecessor of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 another look!

Advertisement

There are 1 active members online
mcalfie,

Forum Statistics

RSS Feed

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 and Windows 10 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.078 seconds
Saturday, August 15, 2020 @ 1:02:13 AM

Copyright 2020 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.