Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 8:38:35 PM | IP Logged

Having noticed some newer designers releasing courses and some veteran designers still going strong, I have created a list of some things to think about before releasing your course.

Must Do:
1. Optimize detail, especially the base layer, rough, and bunkers (if you haven't done so). The Point Count Indicator is a great tool to help with this.
2. Repair Course. I'm still not 100% sure what invalid points are, but it's best to repair before the final release.
3. Test All Pins. This is a tedious process. I would suggest making a list of each pin position and cross it off when I determine it is playable. Most of the time, I will test fictional courses on intermediate and real courses on expert. Your method may vary.
4. Double check hole pars. Sometimes you may adjust a tee and inadvertently turn a par 3 into a 4, 4 into a 5, etc.
5. Look for seams and creases and know how to fix them. Typically raise the area around the seam by a small amount then smooth. I have noticed that seams and creases appear a lot more when picking up and redropping a shape after doing elevation work.
6. Make sure your ponds are all reflecting. If they are not, it can be a pain to fix, but it is worth it in the long run.
7. Make sure all tee boxes are flat. Sloped tee boxes have really bad effects on higher skill levels.
8. Fix sticky libraries using the cloaking tool.

Other Suggestions:
1. Add sounds. But make sure you test them because some sounds can get really annoying really fast.
2. Add benches, ball washers, etc. It adds to the feel of the course.
3. Add galleries and tournament structures if you want your course to have that feel.
4. Customize your hole handicaps. This makes the scorecard appear much more realistic. I created a tutorial on this a while ago: http://coursedownloads.net/forum/posts.asp?post=9376
5. Add a CLS to your course folder before uploading. This will give the course some birds, divots, broken tees, leaves, etc.
6. Redraw the course perimeter. This will help keep your point count down and bring your panorama into view better.
7. Check the views from each of your tees. Being able to see the entire hole from the tee box really makes the course look great. It took me a long time to learn this.

Hopefully this is helpful for someone!

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2020 at 10:43:49 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 10:44:00 AM

Nice one Bobby,thanks, its a sticky topic now. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2020 at 2:16:50 PM | IP Logged

X A LENT points Bobby, thanks. And thanks for all your time and effort to bring your
designs to this great site. Also I must thank TruBlu(for the site), and of course
Gunpower1(Pat)for his many years of admin. THANKS ALL  

There are 4 active members online
BigStamp49, Gunpower61, mwp41, raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Finishing Courses (Some thoughts) - Page 1 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 11:34:38 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.