How to Accurately Aim & Judge Distance
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 6:23:34 PM | IP Logged

I am hoping to get better at playing my 10-year old copy of TW PGA Tour 2008 (for PC).
I am hoping (dreaming) the game has "Safe Shot" or "Aggressive Shot" or "Smart Caddie" features like in my favorite 2001 version of TW PGA Tour for PC.

A few questions.
1. What is the small white circle (with black center) displayed in the overhead camera view of the whole course? Is this some type of aiming feature? Can I adjust this as a possible target spot?
2. I need some advice on how to judge the stroke strength using the 3-Click method. I like to use the small white dots as a guide. But they seem to be variable per each required distance?

Thank You
Your entire website is fabulous.
Greetings from Ann Arbor, MI

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 at 10:49:30 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, August 12, 2019 at 10:49:00 AM

Hello,

When you are on the tee or fairway, then at bottom left click on the small triangle, and in popup menu choose: Shot target
It will give you and idea where your ball will land for the selected club.
( Also when you left click (and hold left click button ) on a spot in the small overhead map, then it will give you the distance to flag and golfer. )

About the 3 click meter:

On the 3 click meter, the 12 O''clock point is always the max distance of the selected club.
So when you select another club then the 12 O''Clock point will be the max distance for the selected club.
For example when you select an 8 Iron club, then at bottom right corner it will say the distance for 8I is 171 yards.
So now the 12 O''clock point on the 3 click meter is 171 yards

We also have the TW08 manual in pdf, available for download:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=961

Or on top of Coursedownloads go to section: Utilities.....Utilities and files for TW08...Miscellaneous
there you will find: TW08 manual

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:17:35 PM | IP Logged

Thank you for a reply and your clear explanation.

I am curious about the small flashing circle in the overhead fairway view (on the right side of my screen). Does your answer mean this circle is the landing spot automatically selected by the program if a perfect shot is executed by the human player?
If I shift the gray aiming arrow (in front of the Tee) to the left or the right, this flashing circle does not move. Is there a way I can manually move the small flashing circle in the overhead fairway view? (Maybe some combination of keyboard and mouse click & drag?)

A mouse guided True Aiming method is a feature I have been searching for in TW PGA Tour 2008 This optional method of play was available in my older versions of TW PGA Tour (96, 99, 01). I think EA included an advertised True Aim swing in TW 2012 for PC ??

Thank You for your assistance.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 11:36:11 AM | IP Logged

Hello, when you play against another player, then you will see the ball of your opponent as a blinking circle on the overhead map.
So the blinking circle on the overhead map is probably the position of your opponents ball on the fairway.

DFELD2005
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 12:06:26 PM | IP Logged

I appreciate your specific comments to answer my question about shot aiming.
I decided to make a better effort to learn the True Swing method. I am amazed that I am starting to get better results than I expect using the 3-click method.
I am using the on screen indicators for club distance, hole distance and elevation. I am getting better at the True Swing using a wireless mouse.

Thanks Again 

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, Holein1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - How to Accurately Aim & Judge Distance - Page 1 Loaded in 0.203 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 8:59:16 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.