Rogue and HUGE Shadows
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Little Bit
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 6:57:11 PM | IP Logged

First of all, I am a really old course designer from the PGA Championship years. I had not down any designing for at least a decade (giving away my age here) until I found on a CD I had burned several .ach (architect) files from my old designing days. One of them I have been working on to upload to the PGA Championship site and thought I'd try to convert it to run on Tiger Woods 06 and hopefully 08. First of all, I painstakingly created my own texture library basing it upon the textures I am using to create the course for PGA Championship 2000. Upon importing it to the Tiger Woods 06 architect I got the "missing library" error and you all know what that means....lots of libraries that you are warned not to delete. Well, after lots of work and several choice words that I won't repeat, I got it to the point where I wanted to compile it (course it not finished...only 10 holes done). First of all, I compiled it using this machine I am typing this post on...an old Vista 32 bit laptop that has an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, plenty of RAM and a very good NVIDIA graphics chip. Well, it was then that I discovered that my laptop would not compile the course if I checked the box for the trees. So, I tested it without any objects and read on this forum that Windows XP is best for compiling. Luckily, I had an even OLDER Windows XP laptop gathering dust that still works. With that laptop, I am able to compile the course with all the boxes checked. However, it has created a HUGE shadow on the course. It looks almost like it is HUGE tree and there aren't any on the course. I have optimized and even removed some objects from the course and still get the same result. See attached pictures.

I am mixing TW 04 and TW 06 libraries on the course. Is that a mistake??? I know for example that I had four car objects in the parking lot of the clubhouse...three from an 04 library and one from an 06 library...that created a large sink hole near the first and second holes!! So, the huge rogue shadow appears on the first three or four holes and then goes away. On the 5th hole, there is a LONG pole shadow that almost looks like the trunk of a tree! Any help would be appreciated. I enjoy playing TW 06-08 and would like to play my own courses on it.

Thanks.
Bruce aka Shot Meister

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 8:09:59 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Bobby Bolin on Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 10:03:00 PM

Misread post first time, sorry.

Mixing libraries shouldn''t be a problem. However using old textures and trees may cause some issues.

I may be able to help if you send the tca and library over.

bobbybolin@msn.com 

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 2:22:26 PM | IP Logged

This is Little Bit...forgot my log in information so I am using this profile! After much deliberation and frustration, I have discovered the issue. On hole one ONLY....there was a rogue or rogue objects that did not get compiled correctly. After deleting all the objects on that hole and just adding a few trees, I compiled the course with all the settings and the rogue HUGE shadow is gone. I am not sure what object or objects were to blame, but I will tread lightly when adding lots of objects from now on!

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 2:59:06 PM | IP Logged

Hello Bruce, i resetted your password for Little Bit.
I have send you a mail ( your @aol.com mail ) with the log in info.
With this info you should be able to log in again. 

There are 3 active members online
Alroy, Legend, Strik278,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Rogue and HUGE Shadows - Page 1 Loaded in 0.156 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 7:36:41 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.