Radeon x600 drviers not compatible in Win8
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Holeeroller1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:31:56 PM | IP Logged

I have been a member for a long time, but not so active lately. I still love the TW08 game and I am trying to play it on the big screen TV. With HDMI direct from my Dell desktop, the game works and fills screen with the exception of the water, which does not render correctly. (I did see Hyno's thread with this problem, but I hope I can still use my old radeon card on Win8).
When I try to update video card driver Win8 installs driver but says it is not compatible with Win8. I will keep searching the forum for suggestions but if anyone out there can help it would be awesome. Also if I do invest in say a GeForce card will it be the same driver issues with that? 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 10:13:47 PM | IP Logged

I don't know the intricacies of this, but I've basically found with older games, older, not newer drivers can tend to work better. 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 3:26:22 AM | IP Logged

Holeeroller18 said:
"I have been a member for a long time, but not so active lately. I still love the TW08 game and I am trying to play it on the big screen TV. With HDMI direct from my Dell desktop, the game works and fills screen with the exception of the water, which does not render correctly. (I did see Hyno's thread with this problem, but I hope I can still use my old radeon card on Win8).
When I try to update video card driver Win8 installs driver but says it is not compatible with Win8. I will keep searching the forum for suggestions but if anyone out there can help it would be awesome. Also if I do invest in say a GeForce card will it be the same driver issues with that?"

I think, if I recall correctly ? theres all ways been a problem with TW 2008 and Radeon cards,
I have a GTX 1060 - 6GB card it is fine with this game, but nothing special imo, the game is old now and the card really kicks in on newer games , the games obviously have up to date game engines ect :
As Gordo says though it is not all ways the case to have the latest driver , one NVidia driver for my GPU was corrupt the 378.49
Hers is a screen shot of the card at it`s best, but like I said this is a modern game engine

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 10:16:39 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 10:22:00 AM

When you want to go for an nividia GeForce card :

In my experience the nvidia GeForce cards are working fine on win8, i never had problems with nvidia cards on win7 or win8.
But the water rendering is not correctly on Win8 with the nvidia card.
On win7 the water rendering worked perfect, but since i switched to Win8 i lost the correct water rendering. ( with nvidia Geforce card )

Holeeroller1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 at 2:12:27 PM | IP Logged

I've never joined a forum before and I typed a nice long reply to this post a few days ago, but I must not have hit submit cuz I don't see it. I'll try again:

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this and in general for keeping this site going. I know it takes a lot of time and effort for an old game, but it is still a great user-friendly golf sim and people still love it so thanks. I've donated in the past and if I can get this game working on big screen TV again I will be more active and supportive again.

I'm mostly interested in getting TW08 for big screen on my Win8.1 desktop machine for convenience, but I have other options. Obviously the first step is to get a proper NVidia graphics card (I see several GTX 750TI (2GB) and GTX550 (<1GB) on ebay), but I want to make sure the water renders. Apparently not all GeForce cards solve this problem.

I had game working on big screen with my Win7 laptop and direct HDMI till that port blew. I gave up on game till recently so I tried a VGA to HDMI converter box from Win7 laptop but can't get resolution straight (even with "widescreen patch" instructions). Also, that computer is old, slow and on its last leg so I would love to get game working on either my Win8.1 or Win10 desktop.

Which of these options is best? Thanks once again for the help you give us all!!!  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 at 3:57:24 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, June 16, 2017 at 4:06:00 PM

When you have to choose ( win8.1 or win10 system ) then you should go for the Win8.1 system for TW08.
On Win10 a lot of people are having problems and some have to lower the memory to get TW08 to work.
So win8.1 is the best option for TW08.

You will have to run TW08 in compatibility mode on Win8.1, some help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=9641&forum=32 

Holeeroller1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 12:34:48 PM | IP Logged

Awesome...I will proceed with setup on Win8 machine. My renewed interest in game is cuz I found an old hard drive from a dead computer and hooked it up and found old course files on it including my own designs I started probably 7 or 8 years ago. I suppose I can find VM for Win8 and maybe finish a course or two.  

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 at 4:25:51 PM | IP Logged

edited by: dawg8 on Friday, June 23, 2017 at 4:27:00 PM

If it helps...GeForce GTX 750 Ti(2gigs)...driver 355.82 on Win 7 64 bit...make sure you
know what "bit" your OS is for the correct vid driver. This what I use also I belive one should set the in game shader setting to "LOW" for best water look !!?? Good luck. 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Radeon x600 drviers not compatible in Win8 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.207 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 10:31:25 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.