Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:39:21 PM | IP Logged

Don't know whether anyone here still plays the 05 platform from time to time, but I am experiencing graphic issues with numerous of the 05 custom courses. I haven't played this platform in years but a lot of these courses are very good and a lot of fun to play. Here are the issues. After going into the courses, I am seeing floating terrain, trees that are purple with no folage and other odd colorization. In the overhead display on the right, places where water is present is blacked out. I remember when I was playing 05 years ago I had the same problem every once in awhile and fixed it with a graphic setting adjustment. I just can't remember how I resolved the problem. Anyway I am playing this game on the XP Pro platform, Nvidia 650GTX card and universal widescreen patch. Any ideas on how to eliminate the graphic glitches would be greatly appreciated. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 2:27:58 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 2:57:00 AM

Hiya Jurgie,

I remember there was a patch for TW05 that fixes Custom courses problems, you can download the patch from EA sports FTP server on link below:

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patche...urseUpdate.exe

( You can also try to set Tree distance low, and set water reflections low ) 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 1:07:18 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the response. The link you provided is unresponsive. I also think that the patch you're thinking of is meant for running 05 on the Windows7 platform. I am running this game on XP pro 64 bit. Most of the 05 customs seem to run well in both TW05 & 06 for me. For some reason the 05 designs by Grizzly Designs are the ones that I am having the most problems with. Thank You Again. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 3:16:46 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 3:17:00 PM

The patch was released end 2004 for xp by EA sports, it was created to fix custom course problems:
Now, that is actually 1.1 patch that is very important to the game as it allows playing custom courses, it also fixes some bugs.

When you want to try the patch, i attached it in attached zipfile below. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 2.63 MB

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 2, 2016 at 10:35:17 AM | IP Logged

OK, here is the situation. After downloading the patch from the link that you provided, Thank You for that BTW. I remembered that I had that patch installed in the 05 game on another computer several years ago. Infact I did save the original patch on an external drive just in case I wanted to reinstall the game on another machine. Well I did do a fresh new install about a week ago on another computer. I tried to install the patch you provided in the TW 05 Main folder as well as in the Bin folder ahd got the same result from either location. A Patch Warning Box appears ithe the following message. "Old File not found. However,a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." Installation Aborted. Not sure what to make of this, because I did a brand new install of the game. I know that when I originaly installed this patch years ago I did not have any problems doing so. I also tried using the original patch that I had saved thinking that the file I downloaded from the link you provided might be corrupt. But I get the same message using the patch I had. Any Ideas? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 6:52:50 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 6:54:00 AM

Hiya Jurgie,

When you have the message: Old File not found. However,a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."
When you start the patch, then the patch will start to update several files on you PC. Before the patch starts,it will check the size of each file, and when the size of one of the files doesn t match then you will receive that error message. It usually means one of the files was edited after the install of the game.

This is what you can try to do:

1.Uninstall TW05 game, and after the uninstall look if you can still find:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 05

When the folder Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 05 is still there, then delete the folder.

2. Reinstall TW05 game, and after reinstall immediatly run the patch.

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 2:29:33 PM | IP Logged

Reinstalling 05 and then immediately applying the patch did the trick. Thanks again for all your help. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 3:19:06 PM | IP Logged

Welcome, good news you got it working. 

There are 2 active members online
Deepblue, staman1956,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW 05 Question - Page 1 Loaded in 0.203 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 7:37:00 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.