Picture Quality
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:00:23 AM | IP Logged

Since my upgrade to the i5-2400 and GTX 950, the picture quality has gone up dramatically I feel. I would like to see if someone has found a way to improve the graphics a bit. I have everything maxed out graphically but the grass (all but rough) looks a little blurry to me. Is that just due to my monitor only being capable of 1600x900 vs a true 1080p(or better) monitor? I just can't see that with a GPU of the type that I have it should have any issues whatsoever with this game. Is this the best the game is capable of? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 6:57:44 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, October 28, 2016 at 6:59:00 AM

Hiya Kelly, when i watch the latest videos you did, then i think the graphics quality is about same level as i see it on my computer.
The grass looks fine to me.
Most people have the shader level set to: low ( or medium ), to see nice reflecting water in the game.
Start TW08 game......go to: Options.......Graphics.....set it to manual settings.....and set: Shader level: low
But setting the shader level to low will affect the grass view a bit especially long grass ).
For the best grass view ( especially long grass ) you need the shader level set to high, but then you lose the reflecting water.
(Note: you only have to set the shader level to low for the custom courses, for the stock courses it is best to set it to: High or very high)

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 12:32:22 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"Hiya Kelly, when i watch the latest videos you did, then i think the graphics quality is about same level as i see it on my computer.
The grass looks fine to me.
Most people have the shader level set to: low ( or medium ), to see nice reflecting water in the game.
Start TW08 game......go to: Options.......Graphics.....set it to manual settings.....and set: Shader level: low
But setting the shader level to low will affect the grass view a bit especially long grass ).
For the best grass view ( especially long grass ) you need the shader level set to high, but then you lose the reflecting water.
(Note: you only have to set the shader level to low for the custom courses, for the stock courses it is best to set it to: High or very high)

"

Interesting! I didn't know that the custom courses would have a different shader level. Let me try this and see what happens.  

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Picture Quality - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 10:38:12 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.