Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Chip In
General Member
No User Image
Northern Ireland

B-Day: 5/24/1948 (75)

Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 3:20:45 PM | IP Logged

I havent played TW08 since PGAX dissapeared, now I have reinstalled it but the background behind the player is blurred and for the life of me I cant remember how to fix it. Can someone please help?
Many thanks
Ken 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 3:32:37 PM | IP Logged

Not sure this will help, but you can try this:

Start TW08 game......go to: Options.......Graphics (set it to:Manual settings)......and set: Shader level: low (or medium)

Also don t forget to do the confidence folder fix on your player in TW08, it is a very important thing to do.

There is a bug in the TW08 game, all members should do this fix.
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or Win8 or win10: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside Documents look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn, now delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size.
Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK.
Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.  

There are 1 active members online
Bobby Bolin,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Blurred background - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 9:52:41 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.