The Caddy,s Revenge.
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 10:19:50 AM | IP Logged

It has been said that golfer Raymond Floyd was somewhat arrogant. It makes the following story quite believable.

David Feherty does a standup show that is quite spectacular. It's all about his life in golf, the drinking and lots of stories about life on the tour. Here's one of his stories...

It was back in the 70s and a soon-to-be prominent golfer Ray Floyd was playing at Augusta for his first Masters. Back then the players could not bring their own caddies but had to use one of the locals. Floyd told the caddy master he wanted a big fellow who could handle his bag, but who also would keep quiet, no advice needed.
When they met, the caddy who was assigned Floyd said, "Hello Mr. Floyd".

Floyd said "Hello." And followed that with, "That's the last I want to hear from you."
Everything went well until the 10th hole when Floyd pushed his drive into the right trees on the Par 4. After surveying the scene he said out loud, "I'm going to hit a low fade out through that opening to carry and land mid green…then it will roll over the crest down near the hole."
Surprisingly, he pulled it off exactly as predicted, then turned to his caddy and said, "So how's that for a shot?"
The caddy spoke for the first time and said, "That wasn't your ball."

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:19:24 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:29:00 AM

I dont want to sound like some kind of liar, but have met him and his son on a few occasions. Heard some stories about Raymond Floyd, maybe this was in his younger days. To me honestly I never saw any of this. He was a super nice guy, more than polite, very genuine, honest, and very likable. Also met his Son Ray Jr., played at the Doral Jr. with him back in 92, and still have the golf ball he gave me that says R. Floyd. Ray Jr. was also great. In 96 at the Masters it was just me Ray Floyd and his caddie on the Par 3 course, and I filmed some of it on my camera, while I sat and watched him chip, he was so good on those super fast greens.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:35:58 AM | IP Logged

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:26:37 AM | IP Logged

This was supposed to be a Joke. Apologies to anyone who does not find it funny. 

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:35:01 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing the videos Hyno, and thanks for the post Peter.
No problem Peter, some entertainment is fine :) 

There are 1 active members online
southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - The Caddy,s Revenge. - Page 1 Loaded in 0.141 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 5:15:43 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.