New Career Mode series on youtube
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 12:04:17 AM | IP Logged

If you want to take a look I have started a career and am placing it on youtube for everyone to see. The golfers name is Foggy Nelson and he is a rookie on tour.

@JoSummer - I have messed around with the settings on my laptop and it would seem that the quality may have been better with the old settings. What do you think? I gave credit to you and coursedownloads.com if you look in the description. I want to make sure to give y'all credit for your wonderful creativity.

How can I make this better?

new video https://youtu.be/64O0R45L2lc

old video https://youtu.be/MH2N4Bm42k8 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (75)

Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 11:27:14 AM | IP Logged

Nice production Kelly. I enjoyed watching the round. ;) 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 12:01:43 PM | IP Logged

Nice videos Kelly, looks very good, ty for sharing. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 1:12:06 PM | IP Logged

TY for the kind comments. I have to get better on my speaking voice though.

Can anyone tell me why, on the leaderboard, the red figures for Foggy are blurry and the rest are fine? This only happens on the recorded video. In game play it is as clear as the white figures for the rest of the players.  

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 9:12:11 AM | IP Logged

Here is the latest video that has been posted. See what you think! Are they getting any better? Feedback desired!

https://youtu.be/g17ECU2_I-U 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:31:55 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:46:00 AM

The video looks very good Kelly.
Not sure why the red figures on the leaderboard are blurry, no big problem though.

Found some more info here:
Why is red always blurry in compressed images/videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/t5taj/why_is_red_always_blurry_in_compressed/ 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 1:37:35 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"The video looks very good Kelly.
Not sure why the red figures on the leaderboard are blurry, no big problem though.

Found some more info here:
Why is red always blurry in compressed images/videos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/t5taj/why_is_red_always_blurry_in_compressed/"

Thanks Pat, that give me a little more to think about.

Take a look at these graphics. I know it is the console game, but it is TW08. How can they get such good graphics out of a download? Argh!!!!!! Sorry for their language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWOVS0XQmPM 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 3:08:18 PM | IP Logged

I've been messing around with a few of the saved leaderboard files and I was wondering if anyone knows where the file that houses the red palette color for your player's score?

I've downloaded and tried a number of the leaderboards and have found that the FOX leaderboard shows up the best red that I can determine anyway.  

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 4:01:20 PM | IP Logged

I would get rid of the flying yardage in the middle of the screen, I forget how to do this, but I know gunpower61 knows how.

Graphics? I don't know if you can record this, but try this.........

I use TW07, my laptop has pretty good graphics on a windows7 machine. However what I did when testing out Royal Liverpool, was took an HDMI cable plugged in to my TV, than ran the audio to my sound system. The HD picture on the TV looks like the console game per say. Used a wireless mouse, and played the game from 20 feet away from the laptop and TV. Next I set the camera up to play with random camera angels. Played it in the rain. Overtime worked with TEXMODS redoing all the clothing lines, and some of the equipment.

By mistake figured out a way to play wind sound in the course this was done on Birkdale04 by EA Sports, it is kind of like an ini file but for sound. You get this wiping wind on the course.

It is a way to upgrade the game. How to make videos out of it no idea, maybe I will just film the TV to show you guys as an example. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 4:19:15 PM | IP Logged

About the yardage text Hyno is talking about:
There is a download to make the yardage text much smaller.
Shot Distance Display - Small text, see link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=664

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 5:08:14 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 9:44:00 PM

Ok I just shot this on my I-phone, wow did this video get compressed, however you can get the idea, the HD picture really spices up the game, it makes it so much brighter. Sorry that the video quality sucks on this.

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 8:11:34 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"About the yardage text Hyno is talking about:
There is a download to make the yardage text much smaller.
Shot Distance Display - Small text, see link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=664
"

I found that Pat, there has to be a way to make it go away. I agree with Hyno, the text in the middle of the screen makes it look to much like an arcade game and not a sim game. Is there a file to take out of the game folder? Did you do the original mod? What file did you mod? This mod just has us replacing the entire folder so we don't really know what changed. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 8:21:49 PM | IP Logged

Hyno Designs said:
"Ok I just shot this on my I-phone, wow did this video get compressed, however you can get the idea, the HD picture really spices up the game, it makes it so much brighter. Sorry that the video quality sucks on this, it is YouTube, cause it looks fine on my I-phone."

Agree with you about the compression issue, but there are plenty of videos on youtube that look fine. That leads me to believe that it is not just a compression issue. Even my recorded video, captured by FRAPS in an .avi file, doesn't come out as crisp as the game play on my screen. Do you think it is just a matter of my weak graphics card. I have an AMD A6 Quad Core with a Radeon HD 8400 (on board) graphics card.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 6:43:44 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 6:53:00 AM

Yes you can make it go away completly, go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Data\Images\Game

Inside folder: Game... you will see the folder: ScoreAndLietexts......Copy and paste folder ScoreAndLietexts on your desktop to create a back up.
Now in TW08 in folder Game, delete the whole folder: ScoreAndLietexts
Now the yardage will be gone on your screen. 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 at 12:59:07 AM | IP Logged

Thanks Pat for the info. Seems to take everything out of the game, even if you are shooting a birdie, par, etc on the green as well.

Just curious if anyone has ever used dxtory or mirillis action as the game recorder. Seems to record a better quality, but the FPS tanks between holes where the leaderboard displays and the program stops recording for just a brief moment. Unfortunately that moment is the entire moment the leaderboard is displayed on the screen so you don't get to see it between holes like normal. Anyone know why that would happen? I understand that the FPS go way down, but why is the question. And not for any of the other parts of the recording. Hmmm.... 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 at 2:00:00 AM | IP Logged

Hello Kelly

your videos look just fine for the system specs you got. About the video quality, I use the Freemake Video Converter to convert the avis to .mp4 with H.264 codec; small file size and acceptable quality - 1 min ~ 25mb file size.

You can try my Reshade+Mastereffect settings (disabled SMAA & DepthOfField - perhaps to heavy for your system depending on your screen res).To edit the shader settings open the mastereffect.h file with a decent txt editor like Notepad++. You have to copy the files into the /bin folder of the game. Also added a txt file with virtual keycodes, to toggle the shader effects on/off - it's set to Numpad (-) 0x6D ... example: Pause Key = 0x14

I suggest that you monitor your system temperatures when you use the shader tools. Some settings may cause heat problems and could possibly damage your system. I also suggest that you read through the manual of Reshade shader suite. Besides Mastereffect there are many other awesome shader sets ... GemFX, SweetFX which can be combined with Reshade to maximize visual quality.

Note: In the second video I posted my screen res was 2560x1440, which results in even better quality. This res is not possible with your system, so don't expect to get near the image quality in my videos.

Reshade is not working with 3-Click (screen goes black), only SweetFX 1.4 does work as far as I remember.

Reshade+Mastereffect
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11783310/Reshade_Master.rar.html 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:53:01 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"Hello Kelly

your videos look just fine for the system specs you got. About the video quality, I use the Freemake Video Converter to convert the avis to .mp4 with H.264 codec; small file size and acceptable quality - 1 min ~ 25mb file size.

You can try my Reshade+Mastereffect settings (disabled SMAA & DepthOfField - perhaps to heavy for your system depending on your screen res).To edit the shader settings open the mastereffect.h file with a decent txt editor like Notepad++. You have to copy the files into the /bin folder of the game. Also added a txt file with virtual keycodes, to toggle the shader effects on/off - it's set to Numpad (-) 0x6D ... example: Pause Key = 0x14

I suggest that you monitor your system temperatures when you use the shader tools. Some settings may cause heat problems and could possibly damage your system. I also suggest that you read through the manual of Reshade shader suite. Besides Mastereffect there are many other awesome shader sets ... GemFX, SweetFX which can be combined with Reshade to maximize visual quality.

Note: In the second video I posted my screen res was 2560x1440, which results in even better quality. This res is not possible with your system, so don't expect to get near the image quality in my videos.

Reshade is not working with 3-Click (screen goes black), only SweetFX 1.4 does work as far as I remember.

Reshade+Mastereffect
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11783310/Reshade_Master.rar.html"

Jo - Thanks for the help!! I would assume that the converter is to make the file smaller after I get done editing in Movie Maker Live and it does its thing to make an mp4 out of it. After the conversion/compression I can then download to YouTube, correct! I'll give it a go. I am currently using a program called Handbrake to compress the file for YouTube, but maybe this will be better.

Getting an unsafe error and it asks me if I want to get out of here, when trying to download Reshade_Master.rar. Sounds as if it may be an operation in futility anyway, because I don't want to risk damaging my laptop. Really can't afford buying a new one being on disability and all. Can't do things that might go boom in the night. :-) But thanks anyway! 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 4:04:59 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 4:05:00 AM

It''s not that you damage your system right away when using shader tools. The heat can damage your hardware, so if some setting causing heat problems disable it. There are settings that improve image quality without causing heavy processing time. It''s no One-Click solution to get better image quality, that''s why I suggested to read through the Reshade instructions/forums.

As I said the image quality looks just fine for your system.

Offical Reshade Website / Mastereffect Thread:

http://reshade.me/

http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 12:26:02 PM | IP Logged

Here is the latest installment of the Foggy Nelson Career Mode Series. I made some changes to the settings and put a new leaderboard in the game (so you can actually see Foggy's score in red) as well as take out the distance in the middle of the screen. I put without the use of the grid now as well. It makes it much more difficult.

I don't use the landing area preview either. I figure they don't have that on tour so I won't use it either. I would go all out and play on expert, but I'm not there yet and I don't want to start using the distance charts either. I guess I should since the pros have lots of notes and yardages that they use as their caddies are there. Let me know what you think? I just like finishing a tournament for now.

Graphics are not up to par, but then it would seem that I am only going to be able to get them so good with the sub-par system that I have. I may have to look at investing in an upgrade to get better video quality. Thinking about using my current desktop to make a gaming PC.

Thoughts!!

Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDSFSFKnuIg 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 12:36:23 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 12:36:00 PM

Hiya Kelly, i tried to watch the video, but youtube says the video is private, so i can t watch it. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - New Career Mode series on youtube - Page 1 Loaded in 0.297 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 4:26:03 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.