Author  Message

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 5:26:48 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 3:40:00 AM

It is pretty easy to set up a PGA Tour in TW08 with the custom courses with the great tool JoSummer created.
You dont need TW06 or TW07, you only need TW08.
I tried it and it works perfect.
First create a new folder on your desktop and name it for example: CareerTW08
Now download the zipfile CEditor-Helper08_v04.zip from this link:

http://golf-4fun.org/downloads/CEditor-Helper08_v04.zip

Or click on this text to download the file:
Career editor Helper v04

And put the downloaded zipfile ( CEditor-Helper08_v04.zip ) inside the new created folder ( CareerTW08 ) on your desktop
Extract or unzip the zipfile (CEditor-Helper08_v04.zip) inside the folder CareerTW08
Now in the folder (CareerTW08) you will see several files
First of all, right click on CEditor-Helper08.exe and choose: Properties....compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator.....and hit: Apply

1. Now dubble click the CEditor-Helper08.exe.

2. Press F1 on your keyboard to copy the Career Editor files to your game folder. (you only have to do it once !!!)
( you will be asked: copy files to game folder ?...say: yes )

3. Open the Career Editor with the Career Editor button on bottom left
Now on bottom click: Add event.....on top (in name box) give it a name
After that go to bottom left and click button: Add
Now on top you can choose the course ( click on the small triangle in Course box )
You will see all courses you installed in TW08, you just have to pick a course.
The other boxes below will give you the option to chosse conditions etc...
When done click: OK....and again: OK
After that click Add Event again and you will start again to set up your second event, and you can pick another custom course.
So when you did for example 10 events, and you are happy with the result, then on top click button: Save.......and click: Close

4. Click on the Create PGA button in the CEditor-Helper08 window
Now your custom Tour is created.

5. Create a new Pro Player in Tiger Woods 2008 (Click Yes -> MsgBox: A user created tournaments file has been detected), to do this just follow steps below:
So go to TW08 game and go to: Change profile....Create golfer
On next screen you have option to change from Amateur to: Professional ( check the box Professional )...and click: Next....Give player a name and set difficulty ( Novice...intermediate....Advanced... )
At the end you will receive message: A user created tournament file is created, do you want to use this file ?.....say: YES
Now when you go to: Game modes....PGA Tour.....and you look in the calender then you should see your custom season you just set up.

Note: For the new player you created you can go to Gameface and change clubs etc....
When you want good distance and good swing use this equipment, it will also solve the very fast swing in Win7:
Nike CPR Extra Stiff Flex Shafts, King Cobra FP Irons, EA 1-Under Edition Wedges, King Cobra Speed LD F Driver, King Cobra Speed Pro Fairway Woods, Bridgestone B330-S

Also don t forget to do the confidence folder fix on the new player you created.

Important note: Always finish your full calendar before you create a new player to play the PGA Tour.
Once you created a new player, then the custom tour will be imported to that player, and it can t be changed anymore.
So when you change your calendar with career editor, then you will have to create a new player again to see the edited calendar.

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 10:34:13 AM | IP Logged

My confusion isn't this initial set-up. I'm confused on a few other things.

1) What am I supposed to see in the left hand (pink) column after clicking on "Create PGA"? The only thing I'm seeing is "PGAUser.gcf created". I never see any courses listed. The "REPLACE" and "EVENT SETUP" inbetween the columns is constantly greyed out.

2) How does one modify the tournament for a created player or do you need to create a new player each time? I think TeeOff said something in the chat about there being a way to modify w/o creating a new player each time. 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (75)

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 12:21:11 PM | IP Logged

Gordo said:
"My confusion isn't this initial set-up. I'm confused on a few other things.

1) What am I supposed to see in the left hand (pink) column after clicking on "Create PGA"? The only thing I'm seeing is "PGAUser.gcf created". I never see any courses listed. The "REPLACE" and "EVENT SETUP" inbetween the columns is constantly greyed out.

2) How does one modify the tournament for a created player or do you need to create a new player each time? I think TeeOff said something in the chat about there being a way to modify w/o creating a new player each time."

Gordo. You only "create PGA" AFTER hitting the "Career-Editor" button. That should open a new window where you can "add event". (See Instructions). Having added the events you wish to create, then "Save" the file and then "Create PGA". You will be asked whether you wish to overwrite the shipped PGA calender. Note only create a max of 3 events per month except December where 4 can be created. Then go to TW08 game and create a new PRO golfer.

Hope this helps to clarify the situation. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 12:39:12 PM | IP Logged

No, I have all of that. I think my main question is the second one I posted. I don't think you can get the actual courses to show in the left column. 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 12:52:06 PM | IP Logged

Do you open the helper as administrator? 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 12:56:30 PM | IP Logged

I think I understand now. The courses only appear in the pink window by hitting the centre button "Load PGA". Hitting the "true/false" button toggles in the blue window between stock/custom courses loaded. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 1:00:22 PM | IP Logged

Gordo - Not sure this is what you are looking for, but if you read the reading_courses.txt file after you unzip the main file it may have the answer for you.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 3:49:39 PM | IP Logged

Hello,

1)
The column displays the courses found in the player season - PGA.gcf - file. Every course that was teached-in to the mdb database file and is part of a season file is listed there when you click on LoadPGA. How to teach-in courses is explained in the replacing_courses.txt file, but going to explain it again.

1. Import the installed courses with the Courses => DB button (all uncloaked courses found in the registry will be added to the mdb database file)
2. Open the CareerEd to set a dummy career file (auto-named PGAEdit.gcf) and add all courses the Helper should use; save and close the editor.
3. Click on ScanPGA to scan for course hex codes in the dummy PGAEdit.gcf file.
4. Either rename or delete the PGAEdit.gcf when you are ready to create your season.
5. Create your season
6. Click on Create PGA button to make it available in the game. New PGA season as Pro-Player

PGAEdit.gcf is there to teach-in courses and to set up your PGA season.
Path: Your Documents Folder\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\PGAEdit.gcf

2)
Atm it is only possible to replace courses of existing career files, but still planning to add other functions like editing the tournament setups. I didn't have the time to continue the work on the helper so far.

@TeeOffTowers Hitting the "true/false" button toggles in the blue window between stock/custom courses loaded.

Toggle true/false
Blue => courses available as replacement course
White => installed courses, but not teached-in yet. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 4:40:37 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 7:22:00 PM

Probably easier to see my screens....

1 - First opening the editor (the default courses used to be in the R column, but now I have no idea why they aren''t and I can''t get them back in there)

2 - What I see after I hit true/false

3 - What I see after I hit "Load PGA"

4 - Highlight courses in both columns but "Replace" and "Event Setup" remain greyed out. (yes, I''m in as adminstrator compatibility)

(yes, I have successfully created a custom tourney using "Career Editor", then picking the courses I want and adding them to the event, saving the event and then "Create PGA", but you can see why, a la the above screenies, why this gets confusing. Also, I still have no idea how you modify an existing created tourney and keep the same created golfer from the first time around)

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 7:18:41 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 7:50:00 PM

JoSummer said:
"
1. Import the installed courses with the Courses => DB button (all uncloaked courses found in the registry will be added to the mdb database file)
2. Open the CareerEd to set a dummy career file (auto-named PGAEdit.gcf) and add all courses the Helper should use; save and close the editor.
4. Either rename or delete the PGAEdit.gcf when you are ready to create your season.
5. Create your season
6. Click on Create PGA button to make it available in the game. New PGA season as Pro-Player

Path: Your Documents Folder\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\PGAEdit.gcf

2)
Atm it is only possible to replace courses of existing career files, but still planning to add other functions like editing the tournament setups. I didn''''''''t have the time to continue the work on the helper so far.

@TeeOffTowers Hitting the "true/false" button toggles in the blue window between stock/custom courses loaded.

Toggle true/false
White => installed courses, but not teached-in yet."

Step #2 - I assume you mean through "add event"? I see no other way of doing that. Also when you say "close the editor" you mean just that window, not the entire Editor/Helper?

Step #5 - create your season in the editor or in the game?

Step #6 - Create a pro player each time? This is one of my original questions.

I think you can see why there is some confusion. I know it is clear to you because you''ve been working with this, but it''s not evident to the user. Can you elaborate please?

Addendum: now I''ve really screwed things up. I have a 6 round event from some previous file I created regardless of what I do now. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2016 at 3:28:03 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Friday, July 8, 2016 at 3:35:00 AM

http://sendvid.com/m86ix7ab 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2016 at 4:15:09 AM | IP Logged

edited by: TeeOffTowerse on Friday, July 8, 2016 at 4:15:00 AM spelling

Gordo said:
"
JoSummer said:
"
5. Create your season

2)
Atm it is only possible to replace courses of existing career files, but still planning to add other functions like editing the tournament setups. I didn''''''''''''''''t have the time to continue the work on the helper so far.

Toggle true/false

Step #2 - I assume you mean through "add event"? I see no other way of doing that. Also when you say "close the editor" you mean just that window, not the entire Editor/Helper?

Step #5 - create your season in the editor or in the game?

Step #6 - Create a pro player each time? This is one of my original questions.

I think you can see why there is some confusion. I know it is clear to you because you''''ve been working with this, but it''''s not evident to the user. Can you elaborate please?

Addendum: now I''''ve really screwed things up. I have a 6 round event from some previous file I created regardless of what I do now."

Ok lets go step by step.

Step 2: Click on "Career Editor" to create your season. This opens a new window. Click on "Add Event". This opens another window where you name your event, set fees and purse; choose player database; choose cut (if any) and player eligibility; type of tourney. Hit "Add" button opens yet another window with your courses database. Select course, rules and conditions. When happy with selection, hit "OK". You should now have round 1 of your selected event listed in the previous window in the bottom box. Repeat "Add" to create more rounds. When done, hit "OK" to take you back to the prevoius window where you now have a event. Any previous event foul ups can be removed by highlighting the event in question and hitting "remove event". At any time on this window I recomend "Save" to protect what you have already done. After completing your PGA season, "Save" your work and hit "Close" button in top right hand corner. This will take you back to the window with pink and blue boxes. Now this is IMPORTANT. Hit "Create PGA" bottom left hand of window. This will create your season in the TW08 game folder. "Exit" this window. then close your folder "CareerTW08".

Step 5: That is created in the editor as described above.

Step 6: Run TW08 game. Create a new PRO player and when happy "OK" it in player profile window. The game should now recognise that you have a custom season created and will ask you whether to use the custom tour or that shipped with the game. Choose custom tour and you are ready to go. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2016 at 11:04:00 AM | IP Logged

The career editor is the 06 version, just modified to work with 08, so the EA Sports manual is still valid.

TW 2006 - Career Editor Manual:
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/TigerWoodsPGATour06/CareerEditor.pdf

CE-Helper Video:
http://sendvid.com/m86ix7ab  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2016 at 11:30:25 AM | IP Logged

Big thanks for all you do on our site JoSummer.
The Career Editor 06 Manual, is now also available for download in section: Utilities...Utilities and files for TW06...Miscellaneous

Or go to this link: http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=1051 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 12:23:49 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 12:24:00 AM

Ok thanks for all the tips and tutorial video. Somebody was saying once you have the player created you don''t have to create a new one and can modify the career. I''ll have to work on it. 

exildaot
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 at 3:01:14 PM | IP Logged

not that i don't understand how to do it but i can't find the custom courses. only defaults.

when i click on true/false, i see nothing in the right list.

did i place them in the right folder?. 

chingahook
General Member
No User Image
Spain

Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 2:38:20 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"Hello,

1)
The column displays the courses found in the player season - PGA.gcf - file. Every course that was teached-in to the mdb database file and is part of a season file is listed there when you click on LoadPGA. How to teach-in courses is explained in the replacing_courses.txt file, but going to explain it again.

5. Create your season

2)
Atm it is only possible to replace courses of existing career files, but still planning to add other functions like editing the tournament setups. I didn't have the time to continue the work on the helper so far.

Toggle true/false

Hi, I follow all the steps, create a Dummy PGAEdit.gcf file but with the helper I couldnt see any new teached-in new courses in the blue list, maybe I´m doing something wrong... 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 10:00:57 AM | IP Logged

Are the courses visible in the right listview if you click on true/false to switch to the white background listview? 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

chingahook
General Member
No User Image
Spain

Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 1:02:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: chingahook on Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 1:02:00 PM

JoSummer said:
"Are the courses visible in the right listview if you click on true/false to switch to the white background listview?"

No, they aren t. Maybe I need to place before the courses files in any folder?  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 at 1:15:14 AM | IP Logged

At least you should see the stock courses in the blue list view, because they are already part of the database file. You have to make sure to run the course installer TW Caddy with admin-rights, otherwise custom course installation will not work.

With the CE-Helper Courses => DB button you can add the installed custom courses to CE-Helper course database. After this step you should create a dummmy series file, add the custom courses and save, then click the Scan PGAEdit button. The custom courses should be available in the blue list view now. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
hacker49,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Career editor for TW08 small tutorial - Page 1 Loaded in 0.688 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 2:05:21 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.