edited by: Guest on Monday, April 4, 2016 at 2:16:00 PM

Video Play List

Perfect Golf Progression 

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

B-Day: 4/22/1948 (75)

Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 7:36:39 AM | IP Logged

Still a long way off being anywhere near TW08 IMHO. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

No course in the works: retired.

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 8:23:25 AM | IP Logged

Requires the internet to play, cannot play offline. That's a game killer for me. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 4:47:27 PM | IP Logged

I'm with you on that bangus...isn't that golf game in need of a HATED "STEAM" account...yuck.

GolfMikeLK
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 3/14/1959 (65)

Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 5:21:58 PM | IP Logged

this site is old news, why the post? 

General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 12:17:56 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Guest on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 1:44:00 AM

The site is old news, true. But PC Golfers who are interested in the progress of any modern golf game want to see how well those games are progressing.

Keep in mind "M" that people shunned Tiger Woods who played the Links series. Best to keep an open mind in the PC Golf community. 

GezzerMax
General Member
No User Image
Ireland

Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 6:42:49 PM | IP Logged

Golfers you are missing out on a fantastic golf SIM yes a sim the physics in perfect golf reflect a sim , no arcade stuff but still needs some tweaking you guys are missing out on a fantastic game,yellow jackets and all the pc golfers should try it , maybe frustraing at the start but seriously what a proper golf game,crusher has some great videos of the game in full graphics quality , some might not have the harware to play at those settings but i assure you even at lower settings the game is 10/10 

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 5:58:07 AM | IP Logged

I tried this on recommendation and I uninstalled it after 3 weeks of trying to get Steam to stop downloading Programmes/Updates that I had no interest in. Its a total waste of Money. 

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 9:44:42 AM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 10:04:00 AM

I''''ve been their since day 1 and never had a prob with steam, even though I wish JNPG would have there own servers..

Anyone who knows me knows I love TW08 but frankly, it''''s old and it shows.. JNPG is an awesome awesome game. Anyone who can play this game with their rig can play that game.. Just make sure you have at least 6gb of mem.
Not to mention Course Forge, which I have only dabbled a little bit with as I no longer have the enthusiasm to build courses but from what I have witnessed first hand it is a hugely powerful course designer, with many state of the art features. 1 example is, you can use WASD key''''s to fly around your course..:)

They also have a Live Game Lobby to setup games and chat live.. Of course, they still have things that need to be refined and dialed in somewhat but a very playable game and they have live tournaments hosted by OnlineGolfTour.net...

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 3:02:07 PM | IP Logged

I agree with Axe360. PG has got great potential and with further progression it will be the best golf sim around. TW08 is old but with the continued input by this site the game is still the best (at present). I can't wait for the course forge to go beta for all to dabble with. That will be fun. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

The way we are playing here you might want to throw the clubs in the lake. If you throw the clubs in the lake, you might miss the lake.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12:47:34 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Friday, May 20, 2016 at 7:06:00 PM

I just wanted to show some designers just a taste of what''''s possible with the JNPG Course Forge.. Enjoy...

This is a design by a guy named DoGgz he is an up and coming star.

I only have an E8400 2 core duo with a gtx750 card and 6g mem and notice I get 45fps on this course, with a moving train!!!

You can click link below:

Course Forge

TeeOffTowers
General Member
England

Posted: Friday, May 20, 2016 at 4:47:03 PM | IP Logged

axe360 said:
"I just wanted to show some designers just a taste of what''s possible with the JNPG Course Forge.. Enjoy...
I only have an E8400 2 core duo with a gtx750 card and 6g mem and notice I get 45fps on this course, with a moving train!!!

You can click link below:

Course Forge
"

That looks gr8 Axe. Clearly you are on the official beta team for Course Forge as the Beta has not gone public yet. Can't wait to get my hands on it. 

TeeOffTowers Signature

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 20, 2016 at 7:04:13 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Friday, May 20, 2016 at 7:07:00 PM

Thanks TEE. I can''''t believe I didn''''t give the name of the designer of this new course. It''''s DoGgz. He is an up and coming star..

I edited my post to show who actually did this awesome course.

Sorry if anyone thought it was my own. As I stated earlier, I have burnt my brains out on designing for TW''''s but I do have CF and who knows, someday I may try again..

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 3:41:30 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 4:29:00 AM

The Game is just not that good , ? Crusher this is surely Leeray, the courses look better on the videos but in game play you will not see those views,

The Course Leeray is showing ? {Five Sisters }? that is not in the game as of yet.

Winning Putt has better animation and the Water falls ? different game engine though I think but that''''s a bit cartoony and money grabbing

TW 2008 still rules as the best all round game with great support here and obviously lots of courses, with 3 servers for on-line play.

PG ? I cannot see it lasting without Contributions of some sort, lets not forget TW 2008 went down because of the lack of PC sales and the running costs of the EASO server,  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 5:13:50 AM | IP Logged

I usually don't care about graphics when the gameplay is great. The graphics of JNPG are okay, but the gameplay (physics, swing-control ...) is below average at the moment. I don't see a reason to buy JNPG if you already own the other so called NextGen golf game The Golf Club.

Graphics and gameplay should not be both average, especially not for a NextGen golf game. Also I dislike when developers on steam try to influence user made EA reviews in any way. That's absolutely a NO-GO when gameplay issues that lead to negative reviews are obviously still present in the final product.

Not saying JNPG is a bad game, but at the moment it's only average, nothing special. Sierra PGA 2000, Links 2003 and the TW Series as example delivered this "WOW, great golf game feeling", something this NextGen Golf Games are totally missing. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 6:58:43 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 6:59:00 AM

JoSummer said:
"I usually don''t care about graphics when the gameplay is great. The graphics of JNPG are okay, but the gameplay (physics, swing-control ...) is below average at the moment. I don''t see a reason to buy JNPG if you already own the other so called NextGen golf game The Golf Club.

Graphics and gameplay should not be both average, especially not for a NextGen golf game. Also I dislike when developers on steam try to influence user made EA reviews in any way. That''s absolutely a NO-GO when gameplay issues that lead to negative reviews are obviously still present in the final product.

Not saying JNPG is a bad game, but at the moment it''s only average, nothing special. Sierra PGA 2000, Links 2003 and the TW Series as example delivered this "WOW, great golf game feeling", something this NextGen Golf Games are totally missing."

I totally agree with Jo , for so called next gen golf games, just not good enough , For Console gamers there`s the Rory Mckilroy ? but I don`t know how good this is by EA.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:52:52 AM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:56:00 AM

Well, I just say, keep an open mind. JNPG supports all types of controllers, has an Live Game Lobby, private In-Game chat, Motion Swing, 3 click, a Course Designer more powerful then TW''s ever was. A gr8 Dev team that actually listens to it''s testers.

They also give us more options to adjust graphics, weather (real time)etc.

IMO, JNPG is light years farther then TWO ever was.

They have started from scratch 3yrs ago, with little money and a very small Dev team.

Here is a pic of just one page of adjustments you have..

yes it has work to be done. We will see what happens.

But I respect those that aren''t impressed by it, yet... :)

You can''t say they don''t give us options..

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:57:28 AM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 12:44:00 PM

Sorry, here is the pic I was talking about..

Not here to sell the game, just my thoughts and as I said, I respect opposing opinions..

I also agree, I hope someday JNPG gets their own servers, I am not a fan of steam. I also hope they implement the ability to set up a game with the swing method of your choice!!:) 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 12:46:20 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 12:48:00 PM

If the PG guys will focus on gameplay and control mechanics, JNPG can become a good golf game. As I said the visuals are okay, actually do look better and more realistic than the TGC graphics.

For me the visuals are just fine, but others - especially those with highend rigs - expect Triple-A Unreal Engine 4 visuals. Graphics are not everything, many small game studios have proven that with their "gameplay focussed" hits.

I do not regret that I bought PG in EA, because it does have potential.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 12:56:10 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 1:15:00 PM

Very good points Joe. I totally agree about the graphics..

I always believed that if you have a game that has awesome graphics that require a higher end machine to take full advantage of those graphics, is the way to go..

PG is not there yet, I hope it gets the kind of graphics you speak of.. I never felt bad for ppl who couldn''''t run a game on ultra high because there machine couldn''''t handle it.. Get a better machine. lol

I miss seeing blades of grass..:(  

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 3 active members online
Holein1, mr2, nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Perfect Golf Progression - Page 1 Loaded in 0.652 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 10:48:05 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.