CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - EXPERT ~ I'm looking for a few good men (and women - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
EXPERT ~ I'm looking for a few good men (and women
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 9:37:54 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gordo on Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 9:38:00 AM

Hi all!

Let''s admit it... golf is supposed to be hard. So let''s step up to the ultimate challenge. I''m looking for a few good men and/or women to do a fun league. Here''s the conditions to make the playing field even ... and difficult (as golf should be)!

*EXPERT LEVEL
*3 Click
*The Hard As Nails Swing Meter
*2 Wood as the highest wood
*The No Aim Arrow Mod

Those are the terms. We could do a ladder (easily enough set up on myleague) or we could do a season, or whatever would be best. I don''t really care... I just want to make it competitive and tough!

How many people? A minimum of 4. 6-8 would be great, but 4 could do.

How will we know each of us are using the above conditions? Easily. One screen shot by each player per match as in the sample below. It shows that the 2W is the driver; the hard as nails meter is being used; no aim arrow and the players involved. That''s it!

So PM me or send me an email at: daflyboys@hotmail.com

Let''s get some tough golf matches goin''!!

image hosting 30 mb

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 at 6:11:32 PM | IP Logged

So over 50 people looked at this and not one response? Do you know that Jordan Spieth and Jason Day shoot a little over 70 average for 18 holes each? So when you guys are shooting 3,4, and 5 under per 9 holes you're really hitting fantasy numbers....not realistic.

This is designed to attempt setting up conditions so that there will be more simulated type results and game play.

None of us hit 310 yard + drives consistently and keep the ball in the fairway 80% of the time.

So why not make the game more fair and more fun? Let's see what you guys really got!! 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 1:02:18 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 5:37:00 AM

I go one better. I carry only those clubs I can actually hit with in real life. 4 wood is my driver because that is about how far I can actually drive. In fact not even that far, but 5 wood cannot reach a lot of fairways in the game. And 5 iron is my lowest iron, in real life I cannot hit any iron lower with any consistency. I also space my clubs to increase accuracy difficulty, I carry 4W, 7W, 5I, 7I, 9I, + the 3 wedges. I have always played the game this way, I tried playing with DR a few times but it makes the game too easy and less fun for me when I can hit 350 yd drives. 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 6:06:24 PM | IP Logged

That's great, and I agree, but do you play online? Apparently, no one is interested in making this game tough as golf should be. That's a shame. 

megasoid
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, April 15, 2016 at 1:15:48 PM | IP Logged

amazing, i've been playing real golf for twenty years and i,m no better than how i play under your terms expert 08 golf. 

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:51:14 AM | IP Logged

megasoid said:
"amazing, i've been playing real golf for twenty years and i,m no better than how i play under your terms expert 08 golf."

I'm not really sure what that means. Is that good or bad? Can you elaborate a bit? 

mardybear
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 5:29:06 AM | IP Logged

edited by: mardybear on Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 5:35:00 AM

Hi daflyboys. Admirable and good sportsmanship. Saw a similar thread of yours some time ago and wanted to reply but got busy. Sorry can''''t play with you, still running Tiger Woods 99.

Understand what you''''re trying to accomplish. To add challenge to ''''99 i play with Pro clubs, tournament tees, unadjusted for lie, power guide off, no caddie support or risk meter assist, Tiger vision off, strong wind, gusts on, heavy rough. No wonder it''''s so hard :)

Had to replace putt lines, however, was driving me crazy, as it''''s not simulated as well as a reading a real green. This has probably improved in newer versions. Also could never get used to analog/mouse swing, triple click for me.

Decent challenge is good, too hard just got frustrated. I am by no means an expert player. Take care.

Edit: Just reviewed your OP, 2 wood restriction would be interesting to try. Will experiment, however, i notice that on many of the 3rd party courses hole distances are often a little off, so playing tournament tees with strong winds already makes some initial drives almost impossible. 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 4:27:00 PM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 4:59:00 PM

You can do some thing similar with TW 2008,
Install Arnold Palmer and play an Expert league , this created player cannot hit the yardages people get from Expert yardage charts ect: and you cannot change the ball.
link
http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=699

Try it out in practise. 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - EXPERT ~ I'm looking for a few good men (and women - Page 1 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 10:25:41 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.