Alternative PC Golf Games
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 6:10:12 AM | IP Logged

I am sure that the demise of CGX has left a lot of People without their usual weekly Golf fix and I am definitely one who is developing severe withdrawal symptoms.

I wonder if anyone has come across a decent PC Golf Game yet that is on a par with TW that they can recommend.  

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 9:18:08 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 9:19:00 AM

Peter2005 said:
"I am sure that the demise of CGX has left a lot of People without their usual weekly Golf fix and I am definitely one who is developing severe withdrawal symptoms.

I wonder if anyone has come across a decent PC Golf Game yet that is on a par with TW that they can recommend."

Why would you want a new Golf game, you can carry on playing TW 2008 on Jo Summer`s GOLF4FUN TOUR,any level , super web site and most important a Game Launcher that reports your score back Automatically ,
the other games out there, both available via a Steam account are Perfect Golf and The Golf Club , ? not come up to the standard of TW 2008 ,imo

EA is due to release a new golf game only on xbox or Ps4 

davidsvoice
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/5/1967 (56)

Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 9:40:53 AM | IP Logged

edited by: davidsvoice on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:11:00 AM

Hi Peter,

I really miss CGX and did some research during the last weeks. There are two interesting games which started this year:

- Perfect Golf (available as download on Steam, EUR 19,99)
- The Golf Club (available as download on Steam or as DVD via shops like Amazon, Standard (EUR 27,99) and Collectors Edition (EUR 35,99).

"Perfect Golf" is a unity graphics engine based game with a growing community. The steam members are free on helping the further development of the game. Some nice graphics, in the game you are using the 3-click-Stroke. I don''t know yet if there are regular tournaments. New Courses are included in online updates.

"The Golf Club" has a course designer included, which allows creating custom courses with a "slider system", Later you can edit your course manually. The in-game strokes are made with true swing, which is a little bit tricky if you use a mouse, gamepad should be the better choice. There are lots of courses made by the community, for free download. The game has an online mode with the option of playing head-to-head against other online users oder participate in regular weekly online tournaments. Website: http://thegolfclubgame.com.

I bought perfect golf via steam and it was easy to handle. But the more I read and made
comparisons, I think "The Golf Club" is the better choice. Haven''''''''t yet decided if I should buy it, too.

Greetings from Germany,

Ralf (CGX player Name: davidsvoice) 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:26:29 AM | IP Logged

davidsvoice said:
"Hi Peter,

I really miss CGX and did some research during the last weeks. There are two interesting games which started this year:

- Perfect Golf (available as download on Steam, EUR 19,99)
- The Golf Club (available as download on Steam or as DVD via shops like Amazon, Standard (EUR 27,99) and Collectors Edition (EUR 35,99).

"Perfect Golf" is a unity graphics engine based game with a growing community. The steam members are free on helping the further development of the game. Some nice graphics, in the game you are using the 3-click-Stroke. I don''t know yet if there are regular tournaments. New Courses are included in online updates.

"The Golf Club" has a course designer included, which allows creating custom courses with a "slider system", Later you can edit your course manually. The in-game strokes are made with true swing, which is a little bit tricky if you use a mouse, gamepad should be the better choice. There are lots of courses made by the community, for free download. The game has an online mode with the option of playing head-to-head against other online users oder participate in regular weekly online tournaments. Website: http://thegolfclubgame.com.

I bought perfect golf via steam and it was easy to handle. But the more I read and made
comparisons, I think "The Golf Club" is the better choice. Haven''''''''t yet decided if I should buy it, too.

Greetings from Germany,

Ralf (CGX player Name: davidsvoice)"

The problem with The Golf Club is to many courses , I think at the last time I looked or played it there was some 50,000 ! yes 50,000 , the game is played on xbox and ps4 as well, the xbox controller can be used for the PC version via a small download from MS,going back to those courses most have been Auto generated which you can do with the xbox controller in less than 30 seconds, custom courses can be done on the PC using the xbox controller 

huskereuroca
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/14/1963 (60)

Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 1:46:02 PM | IP Logged

Just be careful due to graphics upgrades these new games take a little better system than the TW games. Not saying that they aren't good, just beware. Your'e system may be a little short handed when it comes to these newer games. I have never played 'The Golf Club" but have 'Perfect Golf' and it barely plays on my system and is a little slow even with the settings lowered.

TW08 rules anyway, IMHO! 

tagrocket
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 2:48:48 PM | IP Logged

Nothing better than TW08, nothing, eh Coale!!! 

Peter2005
General Member
Wales

B-Day: 10/29/1939 (84)

Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 9:30:23 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the ideas Guys.  

Peter2005 Signature

Peter
Swansea. UK.

Chip In
General Member
No User Image
Northern Ireland

B-Day: 5/24/1948 (75)

Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 9:10:30 AM | IP Logged

Hi Peter we spoke a few times on PGAX where my playing name was Ernie Yells, I just wondered if you made a decision to try any other online golf games/sites, I haven't played since the site went down and like you am looking for an alternative.
Regards
Ken
(ernie yells) 

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 11:08:51 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 10:55:00 AM

I only have an E8400 2 core duo, 6g mem. gtx750 vid card and it plays Perfect Parallel on High in-game graphics, just fine, anywhere from high 40 to 90 fps depending on the course.. I have left TW''s for it... Check it out sometime and the Course Forge (designer) is way way better than this CA and guaranteed you won''t make a course, in a day with it..

Don''t get me wrong, I have loved this game and this site for many years, ( I won''t be leaving this site) but theres no denying, the graphics and game play (still a work in progress) are 2nd to none. IMO of course..:)  

GezzerMax
General Member
No User Image
Ireland

Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 3:00:31 PM | IP Logged

Perfect golf is the best golf sim i have ever played, it a tough learning curve even at lower skill level.It has its own online multiplayer lobby which is one of the reasons i bought it and not the golf club.Also great support from the developers,and there is 3 click for all the old school clickers,also controller support although this needs to be fixed .But it is a sim and is not an arcady type of golf game and the motion swing/trueswing is really good but much tougher than in TW08 

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, November 20, 2015 at 9:44:08 PM | IP Logged

Also for those who use Controllers, we are testing them as we speak. I don't use them but many do and are loving it.
Also, the course designer, which is called Course Forge has many more gr8 functions then the TWCA. You wont be learning it in a day or 2, I guarantee it.. Not trying to take folks away from here, just letting them know, Perfect Parallel is something you may like. There also some that are running tournaments already... 

outlaw78
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, November 23, 2015 at 6:15:38 PM | IP Logged

argon22 said:
"
Peter2005 said:
"I am sure that the demise of CGX has left a lot of People without their usual weekly Golf fix and I am definitely one who is developing severe withdrawal symptoms.

I wonder if anyone has come across a decent PC Golf Game yet that is on a par with TW that they can recommend."

Why would you want a new Golf game, you can carry on playing TW 2008 on Jo Summer`s GOLF4FUN TOUR,any level , super web site and most important a Game Launcher that reports your score back Automatically"

The original EA servers are down correct? Is this a way to play online now? I would be intereted in getting back into tournaments and such. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 11:54:01 AM | IP Logged

Hi, in our Community section you will find links to some sites, some are using Hamachi to play with friends.

Golf-4fun Tour have a tour with custom courses on all levels, they are using their own game launcher:
http://golf-4fun.org/

Some people are also playing with friends on Gameranger:
https://www.gameranger.com/

LinksPro
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 12/21/1954 (69)

Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 4:54:24 PM | IP Logged

edited by: LinksPro on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 4:55:00 PM

You''''''''ll need a fairly good computer to play Perfect Parallel.

System Requirements are:

Minimum:
Processor: 2 core duo E8400 @ 3.00 Ghz. 3.00 Ghz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DX9 compatible video card with 512MB video RAM
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Additional Notes: Windows XP requires Unicode to display in menu arrows. Also at minimum spec settings low graphics quality setting must be used in main menu.

Recommended:
Processor: Quad Core
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible.

My Dell computer is now 8 years old. I have upgraded it once since I purchased it (added RAM and NVIDEA grahics card). Still has a dual core processor and only holds a max of 4 GB Ram. Plays TW08 with no problem. Won''t play Perfect Parallel.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:24:39 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:27:00 PM

Links Pro, if you added at least 2gigs of mem, you would be fine, of course that means you have to go 64bit, I know, that''s what I did.

Ok,here is the deal. those minimum specs are taken by PG right from my computer. I know, I gave them to them.
I did upgrade a couple of things since then.

I now have:

OS =Win7 64bit- Same E8400 Core2 duo processor 3.00ghz 3.o ghz
6g mem
AUSUS gtx 750 1 gig card DX 11
Corsaire 750 watt PSU

I highly recommend having 6g mem or more. As you could experience crashing.

With this setup I get from 40 to 90 fps, depending on the course and hole, buttery smooth and my In-Game Graphics settins are on HIGH...

So you really don''''''''t have to have a super computer, far from it... :)

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 12:44:37 AM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 12:48:00 AM

axe360 said:
"Links Pro, if you added at least 2gigs of mem, you would be fine, of course that means you have to go 64bit, I know, that''''s what I did.

Ok,here is the deal. those minimum specs are taken by PG right from my computer. I know, I gave them to them.
I did upgrade a couple of things since then.

I now have:

OS =Win7 64bit- Same E8400 Core2 duo processor 3.00ghz 3.o ghz
6g mem
AUSUS gtx 750 1 gig card DX 11
Corsaire 750 watt PSU

I highly recommend having 6g mem or more. As you could experience crashing.

With this setup I get from 40 to 90 fps, depending on the course and hole, buttery smooth and my In-Game Graphics settins are on HIGH...

So you really don''''''''''''''''t have to have a super computer, far from it... :)
"

I think the problem here for older computers is the game engine used for that game and TGC loads all the course into the PC Memory, TW08 loads Hole by Hole, ? but is it worth it for what it is, it has no advantage over TW 2008, it is work in progress and on steam :(
TGC game has an easy course creator and only saves to file {once a course is completed} a sort of electronic DNA which is only Kilo Bytes,
Both games have bad ball reactions on different textures within the courses 

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 10:30:51 AM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 10:36:00 AM

That''''s fine, I''''m not trying to convince anybody. TGC has the equivilant of a Course Wizard, with premade holes etc. I like Course Forge as it lets you actually build whatever you want, nothing premade.. I have done some beta testing on the CF but am not into course design anymore but I have helped out and seen what it can do..

IMO PG has awesome graphics and as far as "bad ball reactions" well, it''''s a WIP as it is still in EA and TGC has been released as a full blown game to the public.

I appreciate the reply and am in no way, trying to convince anyone, just wanted to let folks no, there is a fantastic game out there that is in the works and right now you can jump on EA for 19.99 and when it goes live, with tournaments, live game lobby, in game private chat etc etc. So many graphic options and difficulty level options, you won''''t believe how you can dial in this game..

Ok, enough of Not trying to convince anyone. lol.

Peace

Oh an no libraries to load.. :) 

There are 1 active members online
Marklk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Alternative PC Golf Games - Page 1 Loaded in 0.406 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 5:34:09 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.