Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
slow scoreboard
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

SgtPepper
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 6:04:00 AM | IP Logged

Hi....apart from going into the READ ONLY file and putting a tick mark, is there another way to speed up my scoreboard as it takes for ever.....? 

SgtPepper Signature

Over And Out

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 8:16:17 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 8:21:00 AM

The Confidence fix is the only one i know.
Note: you will have to do the confidence fix for all players you are playing with in TW08.
So when you switch your player in TW08, then you will have to do the confidence folder fix on that player too.

You probably already did it, but i post the confidence folder fix, just in case:

When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or win8: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK.
Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 5:40:40 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 5:41:00 AM

SgtPepper said:
"Hi....apart from going into the READ ONLY file and putting a tick mark, is there another way to speed up my scoreboard as it takes for ever.....?"

Sounds like one of 3 issues:
1. You applied the confidence fix only after playing with your golfer for a great deal of time, meaning the file is already too large and is causing the problem.
2. You have an old CPU that cannot handle the game.
3. You have junk programs stealing memory, and you need to either disable them and/or clean up or possibly reformat your PC. 

SgtPepper
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 7:32:47 AM | IP Logged

Hi guys.....turns out I had to delete my player and then create a new one...all works fine now....thx for your help gents much appreciated...  

SgtPepper Signature

Over And Out

There are 1 active members online
rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - slow scoreboard - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 2:23:30 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.